grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

On 3/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, dudalb said:

If we have a second Corona wave in the fall,all bets are off, of course.

Speak only positivity.  We need everything reopened my friend. Kong better not win over Godzilla tho. Long live the king of all monsters!

On 3/24/2020 at 11:40 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

That’s one of the reasons why I briefly left the site after KOTM. The box office failure seemed like some sort of celebration and certain members were calling out Godzilla Fans for “running away” when KOTM didn’t make back money. And since we’re such a small fanbase, it’s no help.

This forum has some toxicity that seems unresolved.

Jgar how are you man. Us Big G fans are here with you. I think this movie will do well. Lots of positive talk on the web.  Just like Avatar 2. Haters won't stop this one either but studios need to get the right release date. I think Godzilla 2 suffered from a overcrowded bo . So maybe we need to be the first big release in 2021 or Dec 2020 . Theaters might be back this year.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

This brings a big smile to my face. 

Yes it’s another delay, but it shows that they (WB and Legendary) care and want this movie to succeed, and confident enough to put it in the summer movie season once more. I’m betting in it releasing on that same day May 21st, or on May 28th which is Memorial Day weekend.

Its only competition would be Shang-Chi and Cruella, the latter being nowhere near as big as the live action remakes of the Disney Renaissance trio or even as big as Cinderella and Dumbo.

Much like The Batman, WB is clearly going to push back The Matrix 4 (currently slated for May 21, 2021) because it doesn’t seem to resume production anytime soon and they only had like 3-4 weeks of filming. You can also bet that Universal will be pushing back Jurassic World: Dominion for the very same reason, so that will most likely not be any competition for this film.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, Sheldon Cr said:

Jgar how are you man. Us Big G fans are here with you. I think this movie will do well. Lots of positive talk on the web.  Just like Avatar 2. Haters won't stop this one either but studios need to get the right release date. I think Godzilla 2 suffered from a overcrowded bo . So maybe we need to be the first big release in 2021 or Dec 2020 . Theaters might be back this year.

Hey dude it’s been awhile. Long time no see. I remember you from the Godzilla 2014 days (you had an Avatar profile pic of Jake and Neytiri).

I agree with your point too, KOTM should’ve come out on March 22nd like it was originally supposed to.

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

will WB move WW84 to Nov and Tenet to August? 

or WW84 to Dune spot and Dune to Nov? since that was the original spot for Dune iirc

WW84 to December 18th while Dune can have a limited Christmas release followed by a wide expansion on MKL weekend. That way, it can compete for awards still.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why is WB going to send any movie to that terrible November spot?

Yup.

Releasing a blockbuster, any blockbuster, between Black Widow (first new MCU movie in over a year) and No Time to Die (first new Bond film in 5 years) is basically just the equivalent of dumping it into a hospice.

Edited by TerwillikerInst

6 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They’re gonna give WW84 the December spot. I don’t know how people think Dune will stay in that spot in particular.

They should push Dune to May then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1