grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Like? FB3? Lmao.

Suicide Squad 2, Dune, Black Adam if it's done on time. They should have started work on Aquaman 2 in advance, that would have killed it in December 2020.

16 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Both cancel each other out. That's why i am expecting 

KvG to do slightly more than Kong skull island but less than Godzilla 2014 at domestic boxoffice. Worldwide, I see it doing less than Kong skull island, but matching the King Kong 2005 worldwide boxoffice if it gets solid reviews and moves to December 2020.

GvK can definitely do more business than Kong Skull Island ($566.7 M) .. 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

They all said they're leaving the forum for a while because Godzilla bombing made them depressed.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Brainbug said:

Though i think i will take a long break from this site. The film seriously underperforming means certain people will laugh at it and i dont really need that.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, JGAR4LIFE said:

Gonna join @Brainbug now. Probably will come around the time Godzilla vs Kong releases its first trailer and every now and then for other major events on the way but for now I’m taking a break for real. Peace ✌️ 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Suicide Squad 2, Dune, Black Adam if it's done on time. They should have started work on Aquaman 2 in advance, that would have killed it in December 2020.

SS2 August 2020

Dune oct/Nov 2020 ...gonna bomb no matter where they release like Blade runner 2049.

Aquaman 2 summer 2021 or Nov 2021. Competing with avatar 2 in Dec 2021 might be a terrible idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Both cancel each other out. That's why i am expecting 

KvG to do slightly more than Kong skull island but less than Godzilla 2014 at domestic boxoffice. Worldwide, I see it doing less than Kong skull island, but matching the King Kong 2005 worldwide boxoffice if it gets solid reviews and moves to December 2020.

that sounds very reasonable. :bravo:

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m still here. Holding out hope at a 400m WW total for KotM. Really depends on how it holds in China and Japan.

Anyway, GvsKong should be bigger just because of the title. We’ll see what happens. Was totally wrong with how KotM would perform.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

WB need to sack Adam Wingard (why was this guy hired? Lol) and bring in either James Wan or Jordan Vogt Roberts to take over 

Jordan isn't directing another MonsterVerse film, as much as I wish he would. He's still trying to get the Metal Gear Solid film off the ground.

2 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

We're still here. 

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

SS2 August 2020

Dune oct/Nov 2020 ...gonna bomb no matter where they release like Blade runner 2049.

Aquaman 2 summer 2021 or Nov 2021. Competing with avatar 2 in Dec 2021 might be a terrible idea.

Agreed. In fact, any movie competing with Avatar 2 is a bad idea. 

The movie's practically finished. This is a VERY different situation than something like Fantastic Beasts. The studio pouring 50M or more into this again to change an ending or edit the film is just dumb. Release it, hope it does Skull Island #s and be done with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is still a cross-over, and the money is usually in the cross-over. This should do well at the box office. I don’t know if it’ll be a massive blockbuster, but it has the potential. 

no.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Follow up to a film with toxic WoM. That'll negate the "wow factor", and even then the USP of Godzilla vs Kong isn't gonna be too high.

It’s possible. But it’s also one of those cross-overs like Freddy v Jason and Alien v Predator where it’s about the dream matchup of Godzilla fighting King Kong. 

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1