grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dune will do 3x Godzilla vs Kong

I don’t see why this shouldn’t make at least 500m, king of the monsters was fine and skull island was pretty good as well so I’d expect people would want to see this movie.

Would be cool if dune is huge but I’m not expecting massive numbers, maybe it will be huge but x3 this I just don’t see. 

35 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

If there’s any film or property that should go straight to HBO Max, it’s Dune. It could properly serve as Game of Thrones-like show with 10 episodes per season and cover the books pretty well.

They're doing a spin-off:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dune-sisterhood-tv-series-a-go-at-warnermedia-1217286

8 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

How

Here’s the thing, the approach worked with Tenet because because the film has a lot of mystery surrounding it, and Nolan is probably one of the few directors today whose name alone is enough to generate hype for a movie. Also, the teaser for it played nearly a year in advance.

GvK can’t afford that same luxury. KotM was a massive underperformer, and this movie comes out in half a year. They need to release a trailer online so that as many people will see it as possible. 

Edited by WittyUsername

That one tweet was slightly confusing. Did it perhaps mean to say that the special effects still needed to be polished?

Because if they don't have any shots yet that are show-able, then that definitely points to a delay to later in the year.

9 hours ago, kitik said:

That one tweet was slightly confusing. Did it perhaps mean to say that the special effects still needed to be polished?

Because if they don't have any shots yet that are show-able, then that definitely points to a delay to later in the year.

No it doesn’t. Post production clean up right now is completely normal.

Theres shots that are good to go with others still needing work. Normal 

Edited by Cookson