grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

33 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This. Also, MBB's followers don't give a crap about her movies for they only care about Stranger Things. This is going to flop worse than Godzilla KoM. 

King Kong + Godzilla in a film together can’t be a flop. A lot of crossover films tend to be the highest grossing films of the franchise.

Freddy vs Jason 

Alien vs Predator

BvS is the highest grossing Superman movie even

I can see it flopping if the budget balloons after reshoots 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

King Kong + Godzilla in a film together can’t be a flop. A lot of crossover films tend to be the highest grossing films of the franchise.

Yeah but does the GA really give a shit about this pairing lmfao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This. Also, MBB's followers don't give a crap about her movies for they only care about Stranger Things. This is going to flop worse than Godzilla KoM. 

That won't happen. Novelty crossover movies like this one have done well when franchises have been in a worse state before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

King Kong is arguably a bigger global phenomenon than Godzilla, so it remains to be seen if the novelty of him fighting the Big G would help this movie in anyway. In any case, I’m not expecting this movie to do huge business. 

adam wingard said they want there to be a clear winner and not keep it ambiguous. i think that happened after kotm's underperformance. my blind guess is kong will win, godzilla will hide for a while taking a beating and the kong story-line will proceed to introduce a couple of new monsters in a third kong / 2nd skull island movie.

am not very upbeat about the bo. hope it manages 550 ww. i think 60 ow and 150 dom (it's not gonna match skull island's multiplier). 150 china and 250 os-china gives 400 os.

45 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The last Freddy and Jason movies before Freddy Vs Jason were, and still are, the lowest grossing in those franchises. Freddy Vs Jason was, and still is, the highest grossing in both franchises. There is a novelty here. 

Yeah even AVP did pretty well. Had a great opening day and good weekend before dropping hard. But there is a novelty factor when pairing two iconic characters/monsters in a movie.

I don’t think anyone is expecting this to be massive. This movie will only be a money maker if WB doesn’t go nuts with reshoots and the budget stays reasonable. Even if it breaks out I feel like a beak out for this might be like max 750m WW which could be good if budget is kept in check. 

I’m hoping this can do 500m WW. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It makes no sense that they only kept unpopular Zilla cast for this crossover but didn't bring back SLJ from Skull. he has boxoffice value, Zilla noobs don't.

Only 3 people are returning 

MBB

Kyle Chandler 

Zhang Ziyi

The rest are new people including Alexander “V pack” Skarsgård and Eiza González 

35 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It makes no sense that they only kept unpopular Zilla cast for this crossover but didn't bring back SLJ from Skull. he has boxoffice value, Zilla noobs don't.

In fairness that would be hard to do story-wise..given that Skull Island takes place in the 70's plus his character did get squashed by Kong. 

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Haha 7