grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

"the myths were real" lmao. Really digging the B-movie vibes here. Vieweranon said the movie is less than 2 hrs long which is great but hopefully most of that is monster action.

Interesting. Did he have any impressions on the movie?

This is trending up fast in the US, this could bring in a decent amount of Hbomax subs and do decent theatrically(maybe ww84 numbers?). Maybe ww84 are too optimistic but we’ll see. 

Edited by cax16

6 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Esg1nJvUYAA3j9h?format=jpg&name=large

this scene looks so cool. where is this supposed to be?

I think it's Hong Kong. You can see the Bank of China tower on the right.

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Someone screenshotted that beginning and it looks like

Spoiler

Mecha Godzilla.

Spoiler

hpW7OoM.png

Going off of this shot I'd be surprised if it's not him.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

I don't have any faith in WB making a good Godzilla movie, they just don't seem to be able to do it. This trailer isn't anywhere near as good as the other Godzilla trailers, which were amazing and by far better than the movies.

Still gonna watch this though

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

"the myths are real" lmao. Really digging the B-movie vibes here. Vieweranon said the movie is less than 2 hrs long which is great but hopefully most of that is monster action.

People on test screening (which are really good) said it doesn't waste much time with humans and confirm it's less than 2hrs long

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I don't have any faith in WB making a good Godzilla movie, they just don't seem to be able to do it. This trailer isn't anywhere near as good as the other Godzilla trailers, which were amazing and by far better than the movies.

Still gonna watch this though

WB has not been the producer on the Godzilla movies. It's a Legendary run property which is why the release and selling to Netflix even came up. It's great to be anti-WB, but at least direct the ire to movies they actually have their production teams on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WB has not been the producer on the Godzilla movies. It's a Legendary run property which is why the release and selling to Netflix even came up. It's great to be anti-WB, but at least direct the ire to movies they actually have their production teams on.

I just mean generally whoever is making these modern Godzilla movies. They're 0 for 2 and this looks very similar to the last one

I'm not anti-WB... I don't know where you're getting that. I don't know all the behind the scenes details with these movies, I just know they've sucked so far

Edited by MOVIEGUY