grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The monster action looks wild, at least. Hopefully the human parts won't be "fast forward button to the good stuff" worthy.

It most likely will be. But It’s okay, as long as the scenes involving Zilla and Kong are great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The acting is way too serious for a plot that sounds very silly. This should have the same tone of Kong Skull Island.

I still haven't seen King of the Monsters, it seems so boring.

King Of Monsters is horrible. It makes me wonder how anyone could be fooled by this trailer.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The acting is way too serious for a plot that sounds very silly. This should have the same tone of Kong Skull Island.

I still haven't seen King of the Monsters, it seems so boring.

I can't not recommend that movie enough lol

Now I'm annoyed because I'm thinking about that stupid movie. They somehow increased the action and made a more boring movie than the previous one.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

King Of Monsters is horrible. It makes me wonder how anyone could be fooled by this trailer.

I tried to watch that last night and gave up after an hour which is something I very rarely do once I’ve started watching something, it was just a big dumb loud headache of a movie.

They took entirely the wrong message from the Godzilla (2014) feedback, the problem wasn’t necessarily the lack of monster fights, it was that they killed off the only decent character in the first 20 minutes and then gave us 100 more minutes of uninteresting characters moping about. Give us someone to care about amidst the carnage and we’ll engage with the entire thing a lot more, or at the very least make the tone more fun, KOTM just doubled down on the bland uninteresting characters doing dumb stuff for “reasons”. I’ve honestly never seen a talented cast be as wasted as the KOTM cast was.

This GvK trailer looks like more of the same unfortunately.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

This GvK trailer looks like more of the same unfortunately.

I don't know. This one seems to take itself way less seriously (the trailer itself has some hilarious generic B-movie song playing in the background instead of Claire De Lune or something) and doesn't look like a maligned attempt at both attempting to go for what Edwards did in the first Godzilla films and a Heisei-era Godzilla film. Also I guess helps that this movie is like 30 minutes shorter than KOTM.

Edit: You are right about KOTM wasting the talented cast too. Completely forgot Sally Hawkins was even in that movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cookson said:

How about the complainers go somewhere else? It doesn’t have to be all super heroes and Star Wars you know. There’s a market for these films but you don’t have to be so blatant attacking these films! 

How about we acknowledge that this is a Box Office Forum and not a #MonstersUniverse Fan Forum, and ideally everyone should be encouraged to fairly judge these products as released, including trailers and previous entries, on how they might "appeal" and produce business? 

There's been clear mismanagement of this whole franchise from the bottom-up, and I think many agree on that.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Cookson said:

How about the complainers go somewhere else? It doesn’t have to be all super heroes and Star Wars you know. There’s a market for these films but you don’t have to be so blatant attacking these films! 

Dude, relax.

• Haha 1