grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I wish ViewerAnon would just stop with the “I heard X movie is good/bad” routine. Even when he turns out to be right, like with WW84, it’s still annoying for him to do that. It makes me wish WB would just do their test screenings in-house like Disney does. 

Yeah, he doesn't exactly have great taste either lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I am more likely to belive Viewer Anon specially considering most of his info has been correct. 

People doubted him about WW84 and he was right. 

Looking forward to GvK. Although we don't have HBO MAX here lol. 

In defense of the people, it didn't seem like WW84 would fall like that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I am more likely to belive Viewer Anon specially considering most of his info has been correct. 

People doubted him about WW84 and he was right. 

Looking forward to GvK. Although we don't have HBO MAX here lol. 

He was wrong about KOTM. Like with most of these guys he's pretty inconsistent when it comes to predicting the general consensus.

• Like 2

I enjoyed KOTM despite the not so good human story, so I will probably enjoy this. The action was good in that film when they weren't unnecessarily cutting to the humans. Was hoping to see it in theaters but still looking forward to this, looks like the monster fights will be good. 

• Like 2

I thought the 2014 Godzilla movie was pretty good back when I first saw it, but the more I thought about it, the movie definitely didn’t live up to the trailers. Meanwhile, KotM has more monster action, but I’d agree with the consensus on it being worse than the 2014 film.

The best film in the MonsterVerse for me would definitely be Kong: Skull Island. It’s just a fun monster mash that doesn’t try to be anything grand or meaningful, and ironically, it has the most entertaining human characters of any of these films. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I thought the 2014 Godzilla movie was pretty good back when I first saw it, but the more I thought about it, the movie definitely didn’t live up to the trailers. Meanwhile, KotM has more monster action, but I’d agree with the consensus on it being worse than the 2014 film.

The best film in the MonsterVerse for me would definitely be Kong: Skull Island. It’s just a fun monster mash that doesn’t try to be anything grand or meaningful, and ironically, it has the most entertaining human characters of any of these films. 

The difference in the writing quality for the human characters in Skull Island and KOTM was massive. I don't really understand why tbh, it's not like Skull Island did anything super deep. In these giant monster movies the only bar is that the characters should be engaging enough that the non-monster scenes aren't a chore to get through. 

Chinas waiting for a big Hollywood film... and for months. This will be the biggest money maker of the Monsterverse in China. I think this has a shot at 200m there. 

obviously there’s no gauge to really know how this will do in the states. I think it has a shot at 300m globally. Which is pretty good in this moment. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

He was wrong about KOTM. Like with most of these guys he's pretty inconsistent when it comes to predicting the general consensus.

Predicting general consensus is stupid and I always hate doing it, especially when my sample size is me and maybe one other person. But people always ask; sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. For example...

27 minutes ago, Hades said:

He liked  awful films like Cap Marvel and Spiderman Far from home ..:gold:

Audiences seemed to like these movies. Now imagine if Hades had seen them early and was asked to predict the general consensus of a large number of people.

(I think CAPTAIN MARVEL is fine and FAR FROM HOME is cotton candy, utterly forgettable but fun enough at the time)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

KOtM is nothing amazing but it was much better than the first one which focuses more on Bland looking monsters that weren’t Godzilla, cut away from the action, and an Aaron Taylor Johnson so bad that I thought he was challenging the audience in showing how dull and un charismatic an actor can be. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

KOtM is nothing amazing but it was much better than the first one which focuses more on Bland looking monsters that weren’t Godzilla, cut away from the action, and an Aaron Taylor Johnson so bad that I thought he was challenging the audience in showing how dull and un charismatic an actor can be. 

Aaron Taylor Johnson was bland in that film admittedly, but I dare you to watch his nearly unrecognisable performance in Nocturnal Animals and call him “dull”. He’s got talent, he just needs the right material, and based on what we’ve seen from him so far, he isn’t suited to blockbusters.

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Aaron Taylor Johnson was bland in that film admittedly, but I dare you to watch his nearly unrecognisable performance in Nocturnal Animals and call him “dull”. He’s got talent, he just needs the right material, and based on what we’ve seen from him so far, he isn’t suited to blockbusters.

I think he's fine for blockbusters, he just didn't have much to do in Godzilla 2014. He was good in Tenet too and also was kinda funny even.

• Like 1