grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

no 

I think worst case scenario domestic would've been like 330M, so you're telling me like 270M OS lol

DOM would've probably been about $300 mil (a drop similar to Jumanji TNL from the previous film), maybe even less considering how bad the WoM seems. The film has grossed ~$70 mil less than the first film in China+Japan (where COVID had zero impact). If numbers in every other intl country stayed the same as the first movie, that would've been $340 mil OS. $300 mil would've been possible if other countries also dropped (and based on what we've seen so far, a drop would've been more likely than an increase in those countries too).

Edited by lorddemaxus

Now to just secure the release date in China and I think it’ll do good enough in this Covid world.  Not ruling out 200m in China. 

btw how soon should we expect tickets to be available on fandango etc.? 

Edited by Cookson

If I'm not wrong, all movies with trailers with over 1 million likes on Youtube grossed over $1B except for Detective Pikachu - Endgame, Infinity War, The Lion King, Far from Home, Joker, Toy Story 4.

This would do amazing numbers in normal circumstances, probably the same as BvS with less in LATAM and Europe and more in Asia.

18 minutes ago, belblazer said:

If I'm not wrong, all movies with trailers with over 1 million likes on Youtube grossed over $1B except for Detective Pikachu - Endgame, Infinity War, The Lion King, Far from Home, Joker, Toy Story 4.

This would do amazing numbers in normal circumstances, probably the same as BvS with less in LATAM and Europe and more in Asia.

The Sonic trailer with the redesign has a million likes. 

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

BvS numbers domestically? Heck no, maybe Godzilla 2014 at best

If in a normal box office world I think this would have done around G14 domestic numbers and Skull Islamd international numbers maybe 50m more.

In this environment we’re looking at 300m globally. 200m coming from China. Just my personal guess. I think Legendary banks more from China as well since it’s technically a Chinese studio in Hollywood

Back to the trailer... it’s throwing a ton of people off and I love it. Godzilla is not a bad guy the way this trailer presents itself. Godzilla will also savage up Kong in this. Excited!

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

DOes not look to be the Godzilla from the 2014 movie or kong from the previous movie either, anyway it does look like giant non sense a la Transformer.

Let's go for it !

Could be missing from Statham type going on for it to achieve total non sense success.

• Like 1