grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

I think what helps make a Godzilla vs Kong matchup special is that it really is a once in a blue moon kind of thing. 

Sure, BvS and The Avengers were also events but the characters meet up all the time in comics, cartoons, etc.

Godzilla & Kong belonging to different companies from different countries means even trying to bring them together is a challenge in itself in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

lol that's why I added 30M or so from Skull Island

I mean look. my expectations for this film prior to the trailer would've been well below 150M (close to King of Monster numbers ) but then they showed me a trailer where there was a giant fucking gorilla pinching a big fat ass lizard thing and i was like fuck yeah that would make all the money in some hypothetical circumstance that we'll never have any real answer to so no one can clown on me for being wrong and kong punches shit and it's awesome and it rules

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Had WB set this up better and conditions were normal, this would be a gigantic global hit. 

Ehh, I don't think so. It would have been a middle of the road decent hit. 

None of the 3 films before GvK has made over $570m. KOTM only made $387m. The Kong factor may have juiced it a bit upwards vs KOTM, but it still wouldn't have crossed $550m. 

46 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Moved to March 31 in the US.

Probably because of the Snyder Cut.

More likely that it’s moved back a week to give international a week’s head start. They announced the GvK UK release date was March 26th earlier today (not that cinemas will be open then...).