grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Godzilla has a more devoted fanbase. Kong seems to have more global appeal, though. 

I think more people are familiar not just with Kong but also how he lives on an island, falls for the girl, climbs up the Empire State Building. His story in itself is iconic. 

If you compare it to Godzilla, people know he's a big Japanese reptile who breathes fire but less people are familiar with the specifics of the franchise. I think the 1998 film really had an impact on a lot of 90s kids (and younger) about their idea of the character before the Legendary reboot. 

Many older Godzilla films being billed as afternoon TV fare probably had a role in that too. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 4:30 AM, kaijukurt said:

I think more people are familiar not just with Kong but also how he lives on an island, falls for the girl, climbs up the Empire State Building. His story in itself is iconic. 

If you compare it to Godzilla, people know he's a big Japanese reptile who breathes fire but less people are familiar with the specifics of the franchise. I think the 1998 film really had an impact on a lot of 90s kids (and younger) about their idea of the character before the Legendary reboot. 

Many older Godzilla films being billed as afternoon TV fare probably had a role in that too. 

Hey Kajukurt buddy. How are you my friend. Hope your for team Godzilla. Were you impressed by the trailer? And how are theaters doing in your neck of the woods. Over here in USA and domestically I hear we are done to only 2200-2500 tcs(hope we improve to 3500 or more) . Yikes I hope they figure a way to open up. I really wanted to see this in 4dx.  So keeping fingers crossed. Also what do you think of Kongs new acard weapon??😱 I cant see it realistically giving him the edge on the king of all monsters. I'm for Godzilla all the way!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 3

On 1/28/2021 at 10:08 PM, WittyUsername said:

I don’t really care about how the anime trilogy handles Mechagodzilla. I just think those films are painfully unengaging and dull. 

Yep I couldnt sit through none of them and I'm a godzilla fan from 80s to the amazing 2014 reboot.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:56 AM, Sheldon Cr said:

Hey Kajukurt buddy. How are you my friend. Hope your for team Godzilla. Were you impressed by the trailer? And how are theaters doing in your neck of the woods. Over here in USA and domestically I hear we are done to only 2200-2500 tcs(hope we improve to 3500 or more) . Yikes I hope they figure a way to open up. I really wanted to see this in 4dx.  So keeping fingers crossed. Also what do you think of Kongs new acard weapon??😱 I cant see it realistically giving him the edge on the king of all monsters. I'm for Godzilla all the way!

Long time no see man!

Definitely team Godzilla and was very impressed by the trailer! My theaters are closed here though and HBOMax isn’t available here... so I guess waiting for video is my best chance to watch this legally. :lol: But I think Kong’s axe is gonna even things up and make this an entertaining fight!! Can’t wait for this! 

• Like 2