grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

My reason for being Team Kong is simple. Liked Skull Island while KoTM was trash.

Can't believe tinsy bitsy excited to watch it. 

Quite similar to what was during BvS. Superman's world strong than B but since B has been in better films, had more support in my circle.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Both tracks are underwhelming (Kong one is better). Junkie XL is terrible at creating proper leimotifs so I'm not surprised, but they should've just used the melodies from the Ikufube score like Bear Mcreary did for Godzilla KOTM. I mean compare both these tracks to this:

At least the soundtrack will be wild.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Both tracks are underwhelming (Kong one is better). Junkie XL is terrible at creating proper leimotifs so I'm not surprised, but they should've just used the melodies from the Ikufube score like Bear Mcreary did for Godzilla KOTM. I mean compare both these tracks to this:

At least the soundtrack will be wild.

Yeah, the Junkie XL Godzilla track is a pretty awful theme, just their usual super-loud techno noise. I see no reason to move away from the classic theme which is instantly memorable. Even the Desplat theme is leagues better than whatever this is supposed to be. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

KOTM was a really good score, not just in the use of the old themes but bringing in some nice new ones (for Ghidorah and Monarch especially), and in general having very entertaining action music. Was McCreary not available/didn't want to score this one, or was the choice to replace him with Junkie XL deliberate?

Edited by Menor

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Glad to hear this is getting a UK PVOD release on 1st April, phew. 

I’m team Kong too, because I thought Skull Island was great and I wasn’t keen on either of the Godzilla films. 

That's exactly my reasoning for being team Kong lol

On 3/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Was watching the movie today also and its literally one of the greatest moments in cinema.

Movie also features Rodan getting webbed in the face by Mothra and Godzilla laughing at him, Godzilla going full boxing on Ghidorah heads, and Ghidorah shooting Godzilla in the dick with his gravity beams.

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Movie also features Rodan getting webbed in the face by Mothra and Godzilla laughing at him, Godzilla going full boxing on Ghidorah heads, and Ghidorah shooting Godzilla in the dick with his gravity beams.

Team-ups, bickering & chemistry building...that movie really is The Avengers of the Godzilla franchise (or maybe The Avengers is more of the GTTM analogue given the release dates). :lol: