grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It’s definitely the best Godzilla movie. 

Have you seen Shin Godzilla? I rewatched last night and I thought it was great. There's very little action, but it works really well as a political satire.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It’s definitely the best Godzilla movie. 

Do you mean in the Monsterverse or Godzilla movies in general? Because i think its extremely hard to top Gojira (1954) or Shin Godzilla.

Snyder fans are attacking this movie online as part of their campaign to restore the Snyderverse. It was at 8.4 on IMDB yesterday, today is at 7.6.

They also spent a lot of time complaining about TSS trailer yesterday.

Warner really expect ZSJL to calm down people but i think it only make them worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Snyder fans are attacking this movie online as part of their campaign to restore the Snyderverse. It was at 8.4 on IMDB yesterday, today is at 7.6.

Warner really expect ZSJL to calm down people but i think it only make them worse.

Lol yeah, I looked through the most recent Imdb ratings and there are a ton of these "restore the Snyder verse" people. Pretty pathetic. Campaign for what you want but don't go around bashing other films and being toxic about it. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Oh Jesus fuck, these morons...

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

You mean frame by frame remake? It would be soulless

LOL no. But a 1950's era remake following an formerly anti-Japanese WW2 American living in Japan while a monster created by atomic weapons terrorizes the city, ending with the sacrifice of the brilliant scientist who has developed an oxygen destroying weapon nuclear capability who opts not only to kill the monster, but kill the knowledge of how to create such terrible weapons with it?

The original's story will always be a strikingly powerful and highly cinematic tale.

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Those guys deserve to be stomped on by Godzilla.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

But is GvK worth 8.4  even in the first place? 2nd, IMDB is no longer as irrelevant as it used to be

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

But is GvK worth 8.4  even in the first place? 2nd, IMDB is no longer as irrelevant as it used to be

I don't know, i didn't see the movie.

But there's no excuse to attack any movie because the studio decisions are not what they wanted.

And i think GvK have 9.0 or something on Maoyan, so it seems to be well received where it was released.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

May I also ask why IMDb isn't as "irrelevant" now compared to before? And also what that has to do with anything.

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

“Boicot”....good Lord, they’re not exactly the sharpest tools in the box are they...

• Like 1

I think Zack Snyder can definitely make a good monster movie. Actually i think he would excel in the genre. As much of a fan as i am of him, he tends to have limited conversations for his characters and who would speak less than godzilla and co. 

Also, imagine the action scenes, as long as the slow motion is kept to minimal, his monster films would be something to behold.