grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

This movie was unbelievably bad. What a massive disappointment. The writing is terrible and the whole movie is one big exposition after another and filled with pointless characters that I imagine are just there so they can be included in the trailer. 3/10 would no recommend no matter how bad I want cinema and theatres to recover. Can't imagine how this got good reviews.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

This movie was unbelievably bad. What a massive disappointment. The writing is terrible and the whole movie is one big exposition after another and filled with pointless characters that I imagine are just there so they can be included in the trailer. 3/10 would no recommend no matter how bad I want cinema and theatres to recover. Can't imagine how this got good reviews.

Just like most marvel movies get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

That's sad, i was hoping for a nuanced exposition of recent world history, an optimism about the arc of justice, a good antidote to all the negative news I see daily.

But I guess it's just a giant monster movie.

Edited by AndyK
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Because despite all the bias, critics (at least the serious critics) analyze movies from a specific perspective: what the movie want to be and to do, and how it executes that.

It´s unfair and unprofessional to make a review based on what people want the movie to be or their expectations.

In GvK case, the movie clearly doesn´t take itself too seriously, it´s a dumb fun movie with a lot of trash and b-movies inspirations, and it does that pretty well, even with the questionable script that is actually helped by a short runtine and the light tone across the movie. And also is very well directed on the action department, with a very clear mise-en-scene and agile cuts / camera movements, so there´s not that much to complain or to dislike, except if you really expect the human characters to have great arcs and the script about 2 kaijus fighting to make much sense.

I really enjoyed this. Great fun and does exactly what it promises. 

Julian Dennison and Brian Tyree Henry are abysmal though. People need to stop hiring them for films. Every line is a clunker and no joke lands from those two. Painful. 

• Thanks 1