grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

It's basically at 300M International, same as Tenet finished with. Does this prove the international  market has not recovered at all since Tenete's release last year? Except China, where it tripled Tenet, GvsK earned way less in the rest of the world. Has the international market regressed? This is not good

No Europe. 

5 hours ago, Maggie said:

It's basically at 300M International, same as Tenet finished with. Does this prove the international  market has not recovered at all since Tenete's release last year? Except China, where it tripled Tenet, GvsK earned way less in the rest of the world. Has the international market regressed? This is not good

Actually I would think Tenet did have a better market condition compared to GvK internationally. Also, GvK has plenty of market still to come. Final number may only come in by dec.

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Considering the circumstances, this movie is a big hit. If anyone is concerned or disappointed that it isn’t making more, those concerns are misplaced.

They should have worry about the pandemic itself directly since that is the cause of all the worrisome.

I can see a third and final Kong movie, a hollow earth crisis? I don't know where else you can go with Godzilla. Nice 4-movie franchise, one stinker, Godzilla 2014. Godzilla is over here, let's show something else over there 🙂

You know hollywood though 🙂. This movie is kinda the rebirth of theaters from the pandemic, and this momentum could embolden the studio to go ahead with a 4th Godzilla film. 

They can't really add Ultra Man because of what's at the end of this movie 😂...maybe baby Godzilla, that was a notable movie. 

Almost forgot, a frequent sequel tactic! The

son and brother of the dead CEO and his daughter wants revenge 😂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Does this bother you too? Godzilla has a classic distinctive roar. They messed it up the entire series 😂.

It's starts of high pitched, like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!". Like a baby crying? Then it dives into a deeper tone! "oooooohhhhh!!!!!!"

"AaaaaaaaaaaaaaOooooooooohhhhh!!!!!" 😂! They couldn't get it right the whole three movies!  

13 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Does this bother you too? Godzilla has a classic distinctive roar. They messed it up the entire series 😂.

It's starts of high pitched, like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!". Like a baby crying? Then it dives into a deeper tone! "oooooohhhhh!!!!!!"

"AaaaaaaaaaaaaaOooooooooohhhhh!!!!!" 😂! They couldn't get it right the whole three movies!  

As someone that’s been a Godzilla but his whole life, the roar is perfectly fine. 

You almost have to make a Godzilla sequel. The last impression of the monsterverse can't be the absolute beating Godzilla got 😂! You're like, there can't be a sequel if Godzilla's DEAD, because there's about to be a murder here 😂! Godzilla has to regain the respect!

On 4/30/2021 at 10:07 PM, OdinSon2k14 said:

You almost have to make a Godzilla sequel. The last impression of the monsterverse can't be the absolute beating Godzilla got 😂! You're like, there can't be a sequel if Godzilla's DEAD, because there's about to be a murder here 😂! Godzilla has to regain the respect!

Godzilla won though?

On 4/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, Menor said:

No Europe. 

Hi menor. What's its total bo now?  We watched in 4k thanks to HBO max. Loved it, did it pass 600 mil ww mark??  I heard its the most successful film during these times. Loved it. Wished they showed the backstory of how that ax was made. And yep all hail the king!!! Roarrrr!😎💪💪

On 6/16/2021 at 6:55 PM, poweranimals said:

Godzilla won though?

Yes he did!! But didn't get to shine because was weakened before the mecha-g fight. We definitely need Godzilla pummeling the enemy in glorious fashion sequel indeed

I'm thinking Toho is looking to restart their own movie series for Godzilla and don't want competing films. Does this mean no more Monsterverse films theatrically then? Or just Godzilla films? Because Wingard signed on for the next Kong film I'm pretty sure.

Edited by TheDude391

31 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I'm thinking Toho is looking to restart their own movie series for Godzilla and don't want competing films. Does this mean no more Monsterverse films theatrically then? Or just Godzilla films? Because Wingard signed on for the next Kong film I'm pretty sure.

The article claims that they’re developing a fifth film, which I’m guessing is that Son of Kong movie that was said to be in development a while back.

On another note, Apple TV+? Really? Why not put the damn thing on Netflix or HBO Max? Does anyone care about Apple TV+? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

On another note, Apple TV+? Really? Why not put the damn thing on Netflix or HBO Max? Does anyone care about Apple TV+? 

Apple probably gave them the best deal.

Especially when they're likely very hungry for projects will actually pay attention to since the majority of their buzzy/starry projects have been duds so far.

35 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Shin Godzilla did fine despite the 2014 movie. There's also all those anime movies which came out over the last couple years, so I don't think Toho cares about competition.

More likely, Legendary wanted to do the show, and since they have ownership on the Monsterverse, they just went with the company that gave them the best deal. Could also be a case where Legendary is still mad over the HBO Max stuff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apple probably gave them the best deal.

Especially when they're likely very hungry for projects will actually pay attention to since the majority of their buzzy/starry projects have been duds so far.

I guess I can believe that Tim Cook is desperate for something to keep his streaming service alive. Apple TV+ seems like the most bottom of the barrel streaming service that’s still kicking around. Even Peacock has more going for it. I wish it would just be put out of its misery, because all these streaming services don’t need to exist. 

Edited by WittyUsername

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess I can believe that Tim Cook is desperate for something to keep his streaming service alive. Apple TV+ seems like the most bottom of the barrel streaming service that’s still kicking around. Even Peacock has more going for it. I wish it would just be put out of its misery, because all these streaming services don’t need to exist. 

No no no no. Pound for pound, Apple TV+ has the best original stuff in streaming. With everyone trying to be Netflix (throw everything against the wall and see what sticks) or Disney (IP’s until we die), Apple is the only one trying to be the streaming version of HBO (and not the content whore owned by AT&T, I mean heyday Sopranos HBO).