Jump to content
grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | May 21 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Unless Ghidorah survives KotM and the combined efforts of Godzilla and Kong are needed to kill him for good.

Sticking to my prediction that Destoroyah shows up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Sticking to my prediction that Destoroyah shows up.

I've read about that as well.

 

I just figure there's no way Godzilla vs. Kong stays that way throughout the whole movie since both of them have been established as the "good" monsters of their movies.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again. Not only have we seen him be that in past films including the 1962 version of this film, but also because Godzilla seems to be that way in this series of films. Also Kong and gorilla/ape-like characters have historically  beaten reptilian characters a bunch of times already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again. Not only have we seen him be that in past films including the 1962 version of this film, but also because Godzilla seems to be that way in this series of films. Also Kong and gorilla/ape-like characters have historically  beaten reptilian characters a bunch of times already.

I guess it would depend on how they compare in terms of size. Based on what we’ve seen from these versions, I’m thinking Godzilla is bigger. Maybe Kong’s agility gives him the advantage over Godzilla, though.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I guess it would depend on how they compare in terms of size. 

 

 

On my first glance at that picture, I thought that Kong and Godzilla looked to be of a similar size, but looking at it a bit more closely, it seems like there's a whole lot more of Godzilla cut off from the bottom of that pic than there is of Kong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

both of them have been established as the "good" monsters of their movies.

 

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again.

I thought they showed Kong as an anti-hero dude for most of the Skull Island.

 

They might go full Vegeta for kong on the VS movie which I find more cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

 

I thought they showed Kong as an anti-hero dude for most of the Skull Island.

 

They might go full Vegeta for kong on the VS movie which I find more cool

Godzilla was definitely more anti-hero in his movie.

 

And with Kong, they established him as the good guy fairly soon after introducing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously Godzilla would destroy Kong, not sure how this will go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Obviously Godzilla would destroy Kong, not sure how this will go.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 4:56 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Martha jokes are no longer funny. 

 

That joke though, is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

In another change to the studio's release calendar, Godzilla Vs. Kong has moved up its release date by nearly two months to March 13, 2020. The event pic previously was set for May 22, 2020. Last week, Universal shifted its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to the same May date, setting up set up a showdown between the two franchises. The pileup will now be avoided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cax16 said:

 

In another change to the studio's release calendar, Godzilla Vs. Kong has moved up its release date by nearly two months to March 13, 2020. The event pic previously was set for May 22, 2020. Last week, Universal shifted its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to the same May date, setting up set up a showdown between the two franchises. The pileup will now be avoided. 

Good move, avoid F&F mess and allows them to focus on Wonder Woman 1984 which comes out 2 weeks after.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I feel like it should’ve been pushed into the summer, maybe even August. They’re gonna have to speed up the production process now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Personally I feel like it should’ve been pushed into the summer, maybe even August. They’re gonna have to speed up the production process now.

They have plenty of time since they started shooting in November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They have plenty of time since they started shooting in November. 

Based on the production schedule given to Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this might be much shorter in scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.