grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

There is 0 chance the new King Kong beats Peter Jackson's King Kong. 

It'll be 12 years when  KONG: SKULL ISLAND comes out. It's a totally different story and direction... so it's not impossible. It's not like Peter Jackson's KING KONG did a killing at the box office. I think it's very possible a 200m gross can happen for Skull Island.

I kinda have a reason to stay alive until 2020, it seems. For all I care, Skull Island and Godzilla 2 may turn out to disappoint. But I'm counting on that not being the case, and hopefully WB and Legendary can knock those build up movies out of the park. But even if they don't, I want to tell my kids that I was there for Godzilla Vs. Kong. I want to not die without having seen Godzilla Vs. Kong, even if it sucks balls. It's kinda like the Star Wars prequels - they all suck (ok, Sith wasn't all that bad), but you can't die without having seen them. It's Star Wars after all. Same for that movie.

As for box office predictions, well, the 2014 Godzilla movie did pretty well for itself despite underwhelming the audiences in general. Skull Island should do similar numbers, Godzilla 2 should do slightly better, but Godzilla Vs. Kong is doing infinitely more:

OW: $140 million

DOM: $450 million

WW: $1.45 billion

On 17/10/2015, 21:41:41, DAJK said:

I want to be excited for this. I really do. But unless Godzilla 2 and Skull Island are MILES better than the incompetent 2014 film, I'll "see it if I have time".

I can perfectly understand why you didn't like it, even though I liked it myself, but calling it "incompetent" is a bit harsh. Have you seen the 1998 Roland Emmerich movie? THAT is incompetence in every sense of the word. By comparision, it's like putting Batman & Robin next to The Dark Knight.

• Like 2

Gets a release date

Warner Bros. has announced it is moving Gareth Edwards‘ “Godzilla 2” from June 8, 2018 to March 22, 2019. The studio has also dated its creature feature “Godzilla vs. Kong” for May 29, 2020.

Additionally, the studio will release an untitled event film on Dec. 25, 2018, while an untitled DC movie is moving from June 19, 2020 to July 24, 2020.

WB’s decision moves “Godzilla 2” off the same date as Paramount’s “Transformers 6,” though it will now square off against Paramount’s original animated movie “Amusement Park,” which is expected to cater to a younger audience.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

By 4 weeks. For a movie 4 years away :P 

I guess it can wait lol

I bet DC will add another film in late 2020 as well.

WB is actually in a good position with King Kong, Godzilla, DC and Potter and Lego Spin Offs. It all comes down to execution.

23 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

I guess it can wait lol

I bet DC will add another film in late 2020 as well.

WB is actually in a good position with King Kong, Godzilla, DC and Potter and Lego Spin Offs. It all comes down to execution.

They might add one for the fall but I think DC films will fill November in the years when there is no Fantastic Beasts film like JL in 2017 and the untitled DC film in 2019

On 11/05/2016 at 3:26 AM, WrathOfHan said:

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for me to care about something in 2020.

Not in my case, because this movie (alongside the as of now unofficial but pretty much locked to happen Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3, and I presume the right now untitled Disney Animation Studios film that will probably be a sequel to either Wreck-It Ralph or Zootopia) are reasons for me to stay alive until 2020.

11 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I have no idea how this could possibly even work in favor of KONG in a fight.. The fuck is this?? This is basically what it would look like:

GodzillavsKingKong.jpg

I'd like nothing better than to see Kong cut fatzilla into gigantic slices of ham.

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Not in my case, because this movie (alongside the as of now unofficial but pretty much locked to happen Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3, and I presume the right now untitled Disney Animation Studios film that will probably be a sequel to either Wreck-It Ralph or Zootopia) are reasons for me to stay alive until 2020.

I highly doubt it's a Zootopia sequel.That spot was taken before Zootopia debuted.

22 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

GODZILLA would hit KONG 1 time with a blast of radiation and he's toast.. I'd sure like to know how they plan on explaining this???

Well.. Kong is buff and agile while Godzilla (at least the 2014 version) is big, fat and clumsy. It's almost like Brock Lesnar vs Big Show :ph34r:

22 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

not sure if anyone has seen this, but this is what it's probably gonna look like!

GodzillavsKingKong.jpg

It's been posted (and reposted) thrice on the previous page :P but yeah it looks pretty cool. Can't wait