Jump to content
grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | May 21 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

Recommended Posts

They need to throw this into September and just forget about it. They shouldn't spent any more money in it. This is a dead movie walking.

  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Like? FB3? Lmao.

Suicide Squad 2, Dune, Black Adam if it's done on time. They should have started work on Aquaman 2 in advance, that would have killed it in December 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that he is beloved again WB could try to get their man Guy Ritchie to take over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Both cancel each other out. That's why i am expecting 

 

KvG to do slightly more than Kong skull island but less than Godzilla 2014 at domestic boxoffice. Worldwide, I see it doing less than Kong skull island, but matching the King Kong 2005 worldwide boxoffice if it gets solid reviews and moves to December 2020.

GvK can definitely do more business than Kong Skull Island ($566.7 M) .. 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

 

 

i think they are waiting for GvK ...  :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

 

 

 

They all said they're leaving the forum for a while because Godzilla bombing made them depressed.

 

 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Brainbug said:

Though i think i will take a long break from this site. The film seriously underperforming means certain people will laugh at it and i dont really need that.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, JGAR4LIFE said:

Gonna join @Brainbug now. Probably will come around the time Godzilla vs Kong releases its first trailer and every now and then for other major events on the way but for now I’m taking a break for real. Peace ✌️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMP said:

Suicide Squad 2, Dune, Black Adam if it's done on time. They should have started work on Aquaman 2 in advance, that would have killed it in December 2020.

SS2 August 2020

Dune oct/Nov 2020 ...gonna bomb no matter where they release like Blade runner 2049.

Aquaman 2 summer 2021 or Nov 2021. Competing with avatar 2 in Dec 2021 might be a terrible idea.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Both cancel each other out. That's why i am expecting 

 

KvG to do slightly more than Kong skull island but less than Godzilla 2014 at domestic boxoffice. Worldwide, I see it doing less than Kong skull island, but matching the King Kong 2005 worldwide boxoffice if it gets solid reviews and moves to December 2020.

that sounds very reasonable. :bravo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

 

 

I’m still here. Holding out hope at a 400m WW total for KotM. Really depends on how it holds in China and Japan.

 

Anyway, GvsKong should be bigger just because of the title. We’ll see what happens. Was totally wrong with how KotM would perform.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Marston said:

WB need to sack Adam Wingard (why was this guy hired? Lol) and bring in either James Wan or Jordan Vogt Roberts to take over 

Jordan isn't directing another MonsterVerse film, as much as I wish he would. He's still trying to get the Metal Gear Solid film off the ground.

 

2 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

We're still here. 

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

SS2 August 2020

Dune oct/Nov 2020 ...gonna bomb no matter where they release like Blade runner 2049.

Aquaman 2 summer 2021 or Nov 2021. Competing with avatar 2 in Dec 2021 might be a terrible idea.

 

 

 

Agreed. In fact, any movie competing with Avatar 2 is a bad idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The movie's practically finished. This is a VERY different situation than something like Fantastic Beasts. The studio pouring 50M or more into this again to change an ending or edit the film is just dumb. Release it, hope it does Skull Island #s and be done with it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The concept itself is still huge. this will top $100m opening if its good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is still a cross-over, and the money is usually in the cross-over. This should do well at the box office. I don’t know if it’ll be a massive blockbuster, but it has the potential. 

  • Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is still a cross-over, and the money is usually in the cross-over. This should do well at the box office. I don’t know if it’ll be a massive blockbuster, but it has the potential. 

no.

  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Why?

Follow up to a film with toxic WoM. That'll negate the "wow factor", and even then the USP of Godzilla vs Kong isn't gonna be too high.

  • ...wtf 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Follow up to a film with toxic WoM. That'll negate the "wow factor", and even then the USP of Godzilla vs Kong isn't gonna be too high.

It’s possible. But it’s also one of those cross-overs like Freddy v Jason and Alien v Predator where it’s about the dream matchup of Godzilla fighting King Kong. 

  • Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Where are the Godzilla fans on this site. All of them disappeared lol

Dont worry, we're still here. :lol:

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.