grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | May 21 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if The Way Back will move back a week?

I think that happens as well.

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

This will be turned into another Justice League. Lots of reshoots, editing and post release fighting.

I hope you're wrong, unfortunately solid chance you're right. 

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

This will be turned into another Justice League. Lots of reshoots, editing and post release fighting.

Except this film doesn't seem to have a massive director change like Justice League did.

• Like 3

Also, unlike Justice League, they actually pushed the movie. Whedon would have done a much better job with Justice League if he had 8 more months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except this film doesn't seem to have a massive director change like Justice League did.

I don’t know dude

Im betting on more news within the next few days/weeks that significant reshoots will happen with someone else on board 

27 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t know dude

Im betting on more news within the next few days/weeks that significant reshoots will happen with someone else on board 

We'll see. The good thing is that the date has moved and WB didn't try to pull off what they did with JL (which should have moved to 2018).

• Thanks 1

Much better release date. I would argue that it should even go for the Christmas release, but Dune benefits more from it, so it's ok.

Probably one of the least surprising delays ever. I wouldn't bet too much money on the main cause of the delay being reshoots though. They'll probably need this much time just to finish the effects on the movie.

16 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

What if Clifford gets IMAX tho? 🤔

then you will see how really big he is

• Astonished 3

I think a good chance for the delay is because of the China/Hong Kong relations. It’s already known that Hong Kong is a major location for the film. LP and WB might be scared of losing that China $, which is highly important for the Monsterverse. They could be going as far as to completely changing Hong Kong to another city. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I think a good chance for the delay is because of the China/Hong Kong relations. It’s already known that Hong Kong is a major location for the film. LP and WB might be scared of losing that China $, which is highly important for the Monsterverse. They could be going as far as to completely changing Hong Kong to another city. 

This would be fascinatingly problematic...but I wouldn't put it past Warners. 

16 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Better change Hong Kong to Tokyo in that case 

• Like 1

This movie was never gonna be good, so I'm not sure why they'd reshoot it. Just dump it in November and take the write-off

• ...wtf 1

This. Also, MBB's followers don't give a crap about her movies for they only care about Stranger Things. This is going to flop worse than Godzilla KoM. 

Edited by Valonqar

What this movie need id good action and fights and nothing more. Get Michael Bay to direct reshoots 

Edited by John Marston
  • Haha 1