grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

His character died. 

LOL, characters die all the time and come back. If you need a boxoffice push by all means resurrect him and kill what's his face that Hollywood is trying to make happen for 10 years now. The nobody that plays MBB's dad. he's in every movie ever and I still don't know his name.

33 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, characters die all the time and come back. If you need a boxoffice push by all means resurrect him and kill what's his face that Hollywood is trying to make happen for 10 years now. The nobody that plays MBB's dad. he's in every movie ever and I still don't know his name.

Kyle Chandler is the actor’s name. He was in Peter Jackson’s King Kong.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

You're giving SLJ too much credit. Shaft just flopped this year and The Banker is looking to be a stinker for Apple. Very few actors have star power and SLJ isn't one of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’d be glad if Wingard’s really still attached to the reshoots and not just there for P.R. reasons now while some ghost director takes over. 

The guy did The Guest & You’re Next, two genre films I really enjoy (very thrilling films I must add). Blair Witch was meh (but was a case of hopelessly trying to be a remake/reboot/sequel) while I’d argue for Death Note to be more problematic in its approach to begin with (with the producers being responsible for past American J-Horror remakes, multiple screenwriters) and less of the blame being on Wingard’s shoulders. 

So while he’s made some misses in mainstream cinema, his original works are enough to convince me that the man has talent that I’d wanna see translated to Godzilla vs Kong. 

Edited by kaijukurt

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

They showed a shot of Kong and Godzilla fighting in the intro of the Warner Bros panel at CCXP. Don't know if I can post bootleg footage, but it's online.

Could they release a teaser today?

Probably not. Too early. They're not going to release the first trailer 11 months before release like they did with GvK. We're probably getting our first trailer at SDCC.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Probably not. Too early. They're not going to release the first trailer 11 months before release like they did with GvK. We're probably getting our first trailer at SDCC.

I agree but I don’t think we’ll wait that long for SDCC. I can see a teaser coming in May so they can attach it to Wonder Woman and later Tenet.

58 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

They showed a shot of Kong and Godzilla fighting in the intro of the Warner Bros panel at CCXP. Don't know if I can post bootleg footage, but it's online.

Could they release a teaser today?

It’s against forum rules to post any bootleg material. Spoiler leaks, if any, must go under spoiler tag. Only those things released from official sources are allowed