grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

hey, isn't NM separate from DP? But anyway, I've been explained just now that GvK has different leads and returning cast from KoM are not the leads. That changes the perspective cause it won't appear as a direct sequel. 

Edited by Valonqar

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If No Time to Die moves to November, a lot of studios are going to be looking at their November schedules.

The Eternals will probably stay put as it's a three week gap between the two. I could see WB moving King Richard up a week if they end up moving GvK. 

35 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You really think KoM left a worse taste than Man of Steel, Aliens 4, Predator 2, Jason X, and Elm Street 5? At least KoTM is liked by the fans while those other movies are hated/divisive for pretty much everyone

KOTM  defInitely  was not cared for by audiences and most of those other crossover films came out a decade or close to a decade after those other sequels. Still it could maybe have a modest increase since there is some novelty involved 

Edited by John Marston

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

You really think KoM left a worse taste than Man of Steel, Aliens 4, Predator 2, Jason X, and Elm Street 5? At least KoTM is liked by the fans while those other movies are hated/divisive for pretty much everyone

I don’t think it’s fair to say that KotM is more loved than MoS. MoS was divisive when it came out, but it had a lot of passionate defenders (myself among them), and was pretty commonly talked about. KotM just kind of came and went. 

Edited by WittyUsername

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say that KotM is more loved than MoS. MoS was divisive when it came out, but it had a lot of passionate defenders (myself among them), and was pretty commonly talked about. KotM just kind of came and went. 

It's hard to deny that MoS was pretty divisive among DC fans while KoTM was loved by Godzilla fans. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

KotM is far from being universally loved by Godzilla fans. People like James Rolfe didn’t really like it. 

You mean the AVGN guy? Went to his video and just look at the comments. People are literally talking about how awesome the movie was. If this were about MoS, the comments would be arguing about if Superman should've killed Zod or not (I just remembered how much of a hot topic this used to be back in those days).

I'm a Godzilla fan and I didn't love the movie (I found most of it drab and boring but enjoyed the monster sequences enough that I started liking it quite a bit towards the 3rd act) but the response from the fanbase towards KoTM seems generally positive. 

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You mean the AVGN guy? Went to his video and just look at the comments. People are literally talking about how awesome the movie was. If this were about MoS, the comments would be arguing about if Superman should've killed Zod or not (I just remembered how much of a hot topic this used to be back in those days).

I'm a Godzilla fan and I didn't love the movie (I found most of it drab and boring but enjoyed the monster sequences enough that I started liking it quite a bit towards the 3rd act) but the response from the fanbase towards KoTM seems generally positive. 

I’ve seen plenty of YouTube comments about how awesome MoS is, especially back in the day. YouTube comments are hardly a good measurement. I’ve seen plenty of mixed comments about the movie on the Toho Kingdom forums.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve seen plenty of YouTube comments about how awesome MoS is, especially back in the day. YouTube comments are hardly a good measurement. I’ve seen plenty of mixed comments about the movie on the Toho Kingdom forums.

Ive rarely seen the kind of discussion and toxicity MoS has produced when people talked about it. Yeah, there might be a couple of people who don't like it but saying that it was as divisive as MoS (which, arguably is the most divisive superhero movie from the past decade) is nuts.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ive rarely seen the kind of discussion and toxicity MoS has produced when people talked about it. Yeah, there might be a couple of people who don't like it but saying that it was as divisive as MoS (which, arguably is the most divisive superhero movie from the past decade) is nuts.

The movie has definitely not created the kind of passionate online discourse that MoS had back in the day, but that’s not necessarily to its advantage. People talked quite a bit about MoS. It was possibly the most talked about CBM of 2013, and for all the detractors that it had, it also had a very passionate amount of supporters, which helped it stay relevant in the time leading up to BvS. Like I said, KotM just came and went. It got subpar reviews and some pretty meh word of mouth, and was quickly forgotten about. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Based on literally what metric?

They’re not gonna dump this in January or HBO MAX.

This is not another Dark Phoenix/New Mutants scenario. No major reshoots + test screenings were good not disastrous (even if some test screenings in the past have proven that they don’t reflect the general consensus of the final product).

Its exhausting to see this attitude over and over again for this film and the Monsterverse in general. People here really forgot that in the end of their run, Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island were successful.

Outside of being a great book, I don’t understand this certainty that Dune will be this grand breakout hit. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I woulf say that MoS sequel, BVS was a lot more divisive....