grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They’re not gonna dump this in January or HBO MAX.

This is not another Dark Phoenix/New Mutants scenario. No major reshoots + test screenings were good not disastrous (even if some test screenings in the past have proven that they don’t reflect the general consensus of the final product).

Its exhausting to see this attitude over and over again for this film and the Monsterverse in general. People here really forgot that in the end of their run, Godzilla 2014 and Kong: Skull Island were successful.

Outside of being a great book, I don’t understand this certainty that Dune will be this grand breakout hit. 

People root for what they think will be good, not what they think will be a success. I don't have high hopes for this movie, but many of us have high hopes for Dune, a scifi epic from one of the best working directors today. 

15 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

People root for what they think will be good, not what they think will be a success. I don't have high hopes for this movie, but many of us have high hopes for Dune, a scifi epic from one of the best working directors today. 

That’s great, and I sympathize with it but there’s some unnecessary hate that this movie has been getting ever since KOTM came out .

Maybe it doesn’t help that there’s very few of us Godzilla fans to back it up Vs. everyone else. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

That’s great, and I sympathize with it but there’s some unnecessary hate that this movie has been getting ever since KOTM came out .

Maybe it doesn’t help that there’s very few of us Godzilla fans to back it up Vs. everyone else. 

Not sure about hate, but people were disappointed in KOTM,and naturally that is going to carry over to GvK.

I liked some of KOTM, but felt it was pretty badly flawed, the script was not anything close to what it should have been.

I have a fondness for The BIg G,but I can't excuse flaws just because he is in a movie.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dune's literally the only movie opening in the Christmas frame...

Tron Legacy.

If the GA isn’t interested, they’re not interested.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

Tron Legacy also had bad reviews, which Dune won’t

And Villenueve doesn’t make accessible films for the GA. Your point?

In all honesty, Tom and Jerry have a better chance to be WB’s biggest holiday film.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

And Villenueve doesn’t make accessible films for the GA. Your point?

Considering both Prisoners and Arrival were hits, that’s not really true

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Considering both Prisoners and Arrival were hits, that’s not really true

The highest grossing movie he has done did under 300M. Granted I think Dune will do much better but it’s ceiling is probably Tron Legacy Numbers DOM unless there’s a lot of spectacle, which I doubt given the source.

2 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This one will need to go to 2021.  This is starting to sound like a Terminator: Dark Fate gross waiting to happen. 

And moving the film will change that?

Dark Fate would have bombed no matter when it opened.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1

They should make Godzilla v Kong the first big budget movie released in theaters when things go back to normal.

The delayed movies like Mulan, Black Widow, Wonder Woman 84, A Quiet Place 2 have high stakes and studios will probably wait for all theaters to be open, will pick a perfect release date, and give them a proper promotional campaign.

Considering GvK is destined to bomb, and is possibly very close to being finished, WB should just make it the first big budget available for theaters to show when they're reopening. It will benefit from people wanting to see any big spectacle on the big screen again.

• Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 1