grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

23 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Sticking to my prediction that Destoroyah shows up.

I've read about that as well.

I just figure there's no way Godzilla vs. Kong stays that way throughout the whole movie since both of them have been established as the "good" monsters of their movies.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again. Not only have we seen him be that in past films including the 1962 version of this film, but also because Godzilla seems to be that way in this series of films. Also Kong and gorilla/ape-like characters have historically  beaten reptilian characters a bunch of times already.

17 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again. Not only have we seen him be that in past films including the 1962 version of this film, but also because Godzilla seems to be that way in this series of films. Also Kong and gorilla/ape-like characters have historically  beaten reptilian characters a bunch of times already.

I guess it would depend on how they compare in terms of size. Based on what we’ve seen from these versions, I’m thinking Godzilla is bigger. Maybe Kong’s agility gives him the advantage over Godzilla, though.

Edited by Jay Beezy

15 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I guess it would depend on how they compare in terms of size. 

On my first glance at that picture, I thought that Kong and Godzilla looked to be of a similar size, but looking at it a bit more closely, it seems like there's a whole lot more of Godzilla cut off from the bottom of that pic than there is of Kong.

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

both of them have been established as the "good" monsters of their movies.

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

hope they don’t use the underdog angle for King Kong again.

I thought they showed Kong as an anti-hero dude for most of the Skull Island.

They might go full Vegeta for kong on the VS movie which I find more cool

8 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I thought they showed Kong as an anti-hero dude for most of the Skull Island.

They might go full Vegeta for kong on the VS movie which I find more cool

Godzilla was definitely more anti-hero in his movie.

And with Kong, they established him as the good guy fairly soon after introducing him.

In another change to the studio's release calendar, Godzilla Vs. Kong has moved up its release date by nearly two months to March 13, 2020. The event pic previously was set for May 22, 2020. Last week, Universal shifted its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to the same May date, setting up set up a showdown between the two franchises. The pileup will now be avoided. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

In another change to the studio's release calendar, Godzilla Vs. Kong has moved up its release date by nearly two months to March 13, 2020. The event pic previously was set for May 22, 2020. Last week, Universal shifted its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to the same May date, setting up set up a showdown between the two franchises. The pileup will now be avoided. 

Good move, avoid F&F mess and allows them to focus on Wonder Woman 1984 which comes out 2 weeks after.

• Like 1