grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

Whatever the reason is for this delay, I would certainly hope it isn’t for the sake of reshoots. I don’t think it’d be a good idea to dump anymore money into this film. If the movie ends up flopping, the amount of money spent on reshoots would only exacerbate that issue. Beyond that, the movie finished filming a while ago. Unless they decide to digitally de-age Millie Bobby Brown, that might create a discrepancy. Then again, I suppose they could just establish the film as taking place over the course of a year. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of us expected this, given it's 4 months away and still no trailer or any marketing to speak of. 

March is now pretty empty though, at least in terms of number of releases:

MARCH 6

Onward

The Way Back

First Cow

MARCH 13

no wide releases

MARCH 20

A Quiet Place: Part II

I Still Believe

MARCH 27

Mulan

Guess it's not too bad. Just need another film or two to occupy that March 13 slot.

• Like 1

On the flip side, November 2020 now looks like a more typical November than we've gotten the past two years.

You've got the Marvel movie on the first weekend, a tentpole over the pre-Thanksgiving weekend, and a Disney animation on Thanksgiving weekend (Wednesday). That November script worked pretty well for years pre-2018 and 2019.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

It was gonna get slaughtered by Mulan. After KOTM was cockblocked by Aladdin, WB and Legendary finally learned their lesson on not slating a MonsterVerse movie around a Disney live action remake (Godzilla 2014 and Kong struggled against Maleficient and Beauty and the Beast).

Also This November release date for sure means reshoots, which I don’t mind because Adam Wingard is shit and I have no faith in him. I had faith in Dougherty and look where that got us, so imagine what this hack would do to Godzilla and King Kong. Bring in Nolan for reshoots please.

Mulan...:hahaha:

2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

It was gonna get slaughtered by Mulan. After KOTM was cockblocked by Aladdin, WB and Legendary finally learned their lesson on not slating a MonsterVerse movie around a Disney live action remake (Godzilla 2014 and Kong struggled against Maleficient and Beauty and the Beast).

Also This November release date for sure means reshoots, which I don’t mind because Adam Wingard is shit and I have no faith in him. I had faith in Dougherty and look where that got us, so imagine what this hack would do to Godzilla and King Kong. Bring in Nolan for reshoots please.

I too suggest an unrelated filmmaker who writes his own films come in to do reshoots for a film he has no part of, in a genre he has shown no interest in, with an uncertain goal.

• Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Ithil said:

I too suggest an unrelated filmmaker who writes his own films come in to do reshoots for a film he has no part of, in a genre he has shown no interest in, with an uncertain goal.

I for one believe Toby Emmerich should get into witchcraft and resurrect Hitchcock back from the dead to do the reshoots.

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I actually hadn’t even thought of that. Isn’t he working on a Metal Gear Solid movie?

He's trying his absolute damnedest to get it off the ground. He really cares about that project. Hopefully they make it, I think its relevance is peaking, with government secrecy being the media's focal point and whatnot.