grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

25 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'd hate to be anticipating this movie right now. Not even a trailer before it all went to hell.

I survived 5 years waiting for King of the Monsters, ill survive a year or so waiting for this as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

a year ago. Godzilla: King of the Monsters came out and had one of the most embarrassing performances for a summer blockbuster in recent years. Good thing they filmed this before that came out and lost money

Dark Phoenix literally released the same year lmao. KOTM performance wasn't good but it could've been worse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong-movie-rating-pg-13-why/

If they already rated this, that means the movie should be complete by now. 

They have picture lock basically. Now they can do the remaining post production and stuff. King of the Monsters was also rated like 6+ months before release. I think Man From Uncle was rated like a year before.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

They have picture lock basically. Now they can do the remaining post production and stuff. King of the Monsters was also rated like 6+ months before release. I think Man From Uncle was rated like a year before.

It's pretty usual for WB movies to get ratings well in advance because they tend to be made so far ahead of their release dates. If I remember correctly A Star Is Born was rated almost a year before its eventual release date (it was scheduled to be an early Summer 2018 release at that point in time).

Would have liked more work from Bear McCreary, talented as XL is. Bear was obviously a massive Godzilla fan and I expect would have incorporated more classic Ifukube tunes, particularly from King Kong vs Godzilla.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

A downgrade from Bear Mcreary.

I don’t have a problem with Junkie XL, but it is kind of unfortunate that McCreary isn’t coming back. The guy’s clearly a big Godzilla fan, and it was great hearing his take on the classic themes. 

Someone I know spoke with McCreary at a meet-and-greet one year ago and he confirmed that he wasn't returning.

I'm actually interested to see what Junkie XL can do with this. People were inevitably going to complain about the selection, but I'm interested in seeing how the soundtrack will turn out.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

I like Junkie XL. But as much as I like his some of his tracks/scores, I don't think he's quite lived up to the propulsive madness that is Fury Road. He'll do a solid job.

I liked Bear McCreary's score as well but I think I was so let down by the film I haven't gone to revisit any aspect of it. 

Alexandre Desplat is still the scoring MVP of the monsterverse for me.

Edited by FilmFincher

32 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Junkie XL is the epitome of  modern film  scoring. Background noise with no thematic material 

So I guess that made him the perfect choice for some of the movies he's been attached to