grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | November 20 2020 | Adam Wingard to direct

Anyone that thinks it's a bad move/movie already are pretty dumb.....

Surprised they went with somebody already. Good news nonetheless. I actually liked Blair Witch, so.....

Edited by Cookson

All I've seen from Adam Wingard is You're Next, which had the most amazing character in movie history (Erin).

• ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Blair Witch sucked....SUCKED! I have zero confidence in this guy's ability. Shit, I'd rather have Gareth "Hide The Main Attraction" Edwards back instead of this stiff.

Lmao like clockwork. You probably skipped tele's announcement.

• Like 2

That's cool.

Yeah, I've heard Blair Witch was less than stellar, but I've also heard good enough things about The Guest and You're Next. I've not seen anything of his works, but I still think that he might be a good catch.

I have watch 2 of his 3 movies...The Guest was a simple but awesome B movie heavily inspired from the first Terminator. Blair witch 2 was god awful and deservedly bombed. Not even the marketing hook worked LOL. 

Tbf...these movies are directed by Thomas Tull+his crew...so it should be solid. 

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

Lmao like clockwork. You probably skipped tele's announcement.

No I read Tele's announcement, I believe you need to read it again. He said people who repeatedly trash a movie. I'm not even trashing the movie, I'm trashing the choice of director.

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

No I read Tele's announcement, I believe you need to read it again. He said people who repeatedly trash a movie. I'm not even trashing the movie, I'm trashing the choice of director.

Which is unwarranted.

I always liked people's complains about Edwards hiding Godzilla. It shows a total lack of knowledge of the film series, that just makes the irony of them all the more sweeter.

• Like 3

Fuck yes! One of my favorite working directors. You're Next and especially The Guest are the epitomization of so much of what I love about movies. While I'd gladly watch him make smaller films with Simon Barrett forever, I'm thrilled he's getting a big payday and a chance to show the world what he's got. Here's hoping he isn't let down by a subpar script (cough Blair Witch coughcoughcoughcough). 

The Guest is also low-key one of my favorite directing performances I've seen. The plot is standard genre homage, but it's so densely packed with marvelous camera, performances, and use of music. There's like ten shots I have a near photographic memory of just in the last twenty minutes. 

Edited by Kevin Bacon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

I just want Destoroyah in one of these films. 

Agreed. It's probably my favorite kaiju.

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I always liked people's complains about Edwards hiding Godzilla. It shows a total lack of knowledge of the film series, that just makes the irony of them all the more sweeter.

I wouldn't say that Toho are best known for hiding Godzilla, but the films always had more or at least equal focus on human characters compared to the monsters.

The problem with Edwards's and co.'s execution of the pacing was that they tried to pull that off in a two hour film. Unless we're talking about Shin Godzilla, where there are quality characters and an interwoven backstory to explore, that's a poor decision to make. The pacing has to be better in Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. Kong, or the negative reception will come back to haunt their box office draws.

22 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I wouldn't say that Toho are best known for hiding Godzilla, but the films always had more or at least equal focus on human characters compared to the monsters.

The problem with Edwards's and co.'s execution of the pacing was that they tried to pull that off in a two hour film. Unless we're talking about Shin Godzilla, where there are quality characters and an interwoven backstory to explore, that's a poor decision to make. The pacing has to be better in Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. Kong, or the negative reception will come back to haunt their box office draws.

There's a lot of things I could say about shin gojira. It having quality characters is not one of them

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

There's a lot of things I could say about shin gojira. It having quality characters is not one of them

Compared to Godzilla, I mean.

2 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Compared to Godzilla, I mean.

Even then I'd still say Godzilla 2014's are better. I can at least remember their names. 

26 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Shin Godzilla was terrifying though. As Godzilla should be.