grim22

GODZILLA vs. KONG | March 31 2021 | Adam Wingard to direct

51 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

:hahaha::hahaha:

I would believe for once that this movie will not have clear cut winner cause of cliche writing of the actual confrontation that have plagued said VS movies instead of this "fans" will get alienated argument.

Who really are these fans ? Toho? Japan? The chinese audience backing the hero whose gonna vanquish the fabled Japanese Legend ?

Do the film makers actually cares who wins ? Maybe there's a more popular choice between the 2 guys depending on different people but calling them "fans" of a franchise in its infancy is a but far off

There are plenty of fans of these characters, just like there's fans for the mcu etc.

However, that's not what will make this film successful or not. Movies gotta be good first.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Yeah, that’s not going to happen. He’s just saying that for hype. There will be a team up, they don’t want to alienate fans of one monster.

No offense, but I'm really hoping you're wrong here.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:23 AM, NamakFiskKa said:

The director recently said that there will be a clear winner

There won't be. At some point in the movie someone will say how both Kong and Godzilla are both necessary for balance or some bullcrap and they'll be separated or they'll fight a bigger monster together.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Brainbug said:

I cant fucking wait for a good-looking CGI-Ghidorah. Has the potential to be the most impressive creature ever portrayed in a movie.

I really want to see what do with Rodan.....

11 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

There won't be. At some point in the movie someone will say how both Kong and Godzilla are both necessary for balance or some bullcrap and they'll be separated or they'll fight a bigger monster together.

That is one of things I am afraid of for this film: A "Martha" moment.

I know they won't kill off either monster, but still you could have a cleat winner.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, marveldcfox said:

Nah. I don't want no team up to defeat some baddie. I want one of Kong or Godzilla to win. Filmmaker and studio should show some balls irrespective of fan backlash.

Got news for you; The studios are going to do what they think will put fannies in the seat for the movie. We are talking about a big budget movie meant to be crowd pleaser, not a small budget indie . of course they are going to cacalute what an audience will like and dislike in a film.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:28 PM, Cookson said:

There are plenty of fans of these characters, just like there's fans for the mcu etc.

However, that's not what will make this film successful or not. Movies gotta be good first.

:ph34r: Not like these monsters have been around for 50 years.

5 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Godzillas not gonna kill Kong and vice versa. There will be a winner though.

Considering Kong arguably won the last time they fought, I hope they give the win to Godzilla this time. Godzilla has also been built up more as the main character (especially since this film feels more like Godzilla 3 than a sequel to Skull Island).

Edited by KP1025

I know this is wishful thinking, but am I the only one who almost kinda totally wants to see this movie without a single human character in it? Cause the more I think about these MonsterVerse movies, the more I'm inclined to think that the movie would be a hell of a lot more artistically interesting if they just did away w/humans and dialogue altogether, and let the beasts tell the story entirely on their own.

Totally stupid suggestion, but this is more or less how I'd go about it:

Spoiler

Godzilla's origin in the 2014 movie was retconned into making Godzilla an ancient apex predator. And in Skull Island, they teased that Godzilla and King Ghidorah had a fight sometime during history. So, in next year's Godzilla 2, they'd explain that Godzilla actually originated in Skull Island, and so did Ghidorah, who was the 1st King of Skull Island (hence, King Ghidorah), but Godzilla managed to overthrow Ghidorah as the new king of the jungle. Ghidorah went into hibernation. After the fact, Kong, a younger predator that was rising during Godzilla's rule, is one of the many monsters that try to knock off the new king to get the throne for themselves.... but he fails, although not without giving Godzilla his biggest challenge yet, to Godzilla's surprise. Kong survives Godzilla's mawling and becomes feared and respected as a result, and pretty much turns into one of the guardians of Skull Island (hence why he was knocking down helicopters in 1944). Meanwhile, the 1954 nuclear tests against Godzilla, when he was on the hunt for an invading monster in a nearby island (maybe Rodan or Mothra) forced Godzilla himself into hibernation as well; and in the many years since, Kong grew into becoming the new king of Skull Island.

After the events of Godzilla 2, where Godzilla once again defeats a re-rising Ghidorah (presumably killing him, this time), Godzilla decides to return to his birthplace (Skull Island) and take the throne back. Only to find out that a grumpier and arguably stronger than before Kong is the King now. Kong doesn't fear his old king, who is now even more powerful than before due to the nuclear breath (as a direct result of the nukes that he tanked), but also older and slower. Classic animal kingdom fight for the throne ensues. The other animals there take their sides, w/some of the beasts (like the Skullcrawlers, that the movie could make appear to be as 'family relatives' of Godzilla) siding w/the older king whose rule they remember and liked better than Kong's, while some others - probably the younger ones - percieve Godzilla as an intruder. There's a second main fight between Kong and Godzilla that Kong wins, sending Godzilla backing somewhere into the islands..... and then, I'd have the (re)introduction of one of the classic Godzilla/Kong villains in here, probably Gorosaurus, as someone who tried to overthrow Godzilla and was presumed dead, but survived all these years, and teams w/his almost killer out of respect. Gorosaurus being the defining factor in the final fight between all of Skull Island's monsters (clearly a very political environment between these animals) that helps Godzilla beat Kong once and for all and become once again King of Skull Island. Gorosaurus immediately betrays Godzilla right after, but Kong beats him up bad, and then he gets nuclear breathed the fuck out to death. Kong departs Skull Island, aware of his defeat and unwilling to retake his "guardian" position of old times, and Godzilla roars as he now, once more, rules Skull Island.

As you can see, a very stupid suggestion. But hey, it'd be something completely different and unique to the modern day American blockbuster. Almost like a BBC or National Geographic wildlife documentary pumped to skyscraper-sized steroids.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

watched Skull Island again last night and noticed that we're told Kong is still growing. and hes pretty big in that movie in the first place. I don't think the size difference is going to be an issue.

Exclusive: ‘DEADPOOL 2’s’ Julian Dennison Joins ‘GODZILLA VS KONG’

Julian Dennison has joined the cast of 2020’s Godzilla vs Kong. The 16-year old New Zealander recently starred as Firefist in Deadpool 2 and was first introduced to the masses as Ricky Baker in Taika Waititi’s 2016 film Hunt for the Wilderpeople. The film, which is also going by the title Apex, has been given the following log line from Legendary Pictures: “the Gigantic Kong meets the unstoppable Godzilla. The world watches to see which one becomes the king of all monsters.”

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/exclusive-deadpool-2-julian-dennison-joins-godzilla-vs-kong/

It's happening. Oh my god, it's happening. I also really like this pick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Exclusive: ‘DEADPOOL 2’s’ Julian Dennison Joins ‘GODZILLA VS KONG’

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/exclusive-deadpool-2-julian-dennison-joins-godzilla-vs-kong/

It's happening. Oh my god, it's happening. I also really like this pick.

I'm glad he's getting to have a career :)