kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

1 minute ago, PANDA said:

Sucks for them, maybe they’ll get their A4 trailer when they stop voting white supremacists into office!

What? 😂. That doesn't even make sense 😂😂. or are you suggesting all heterosexual males are white supremacists and this was your way of expressing some ridiculous political view?

8 hours ago, Jessie said:

What? 😂. That doesn't even make sense 😂😂. or are you suggesting all heterosexual males are white supremacists and this was your way of expressing some ridiculous political view?

Neither did your post, but that didn't stop you from posting it.

Disney used Thanksgiving to launch several  weekend screenings in their Main Theater, complete with buckets of popcorn, of Mary Poppins Returns, which doesn’t have its official premiere until November 29th, or open until December 19th. All of them instantly filled up almost as soon as the invites went out. There wasn’t a single seat to be had at the studio’s Thanksgiving 1:30pm screening, where the crowd ate up this 54-years-in-the-making sequel. There is still a social media and review embargo for press members like me, but this film is so practically perfect in every way that I would not be surprised to see it follow its 1964 predecessor and rack up a ton of Oscar nominations, including Best Picture (Mary Poppins got 13 and won 5) and Emily Blunt for Best Actress, the award Julie Andrews won for the original. Can Poppins strike twice? No Disney label movie has ever won Best Picture. But I can tell you the time could not be more right for the Rob Marshall-directed gem (his magnificent musical Chicago did win Best Picture when Disney owned Miramax). If ever there was a great movie to see on a holiday, it’s this one.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/netflix-contenders-green-book-hugh-jackman-kirk-douglas-1202508281/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dingdong said:

I feel like this has been waaaay too overpredicted. Young kids and YA never saw the OG Poppins. The audience of that first Poppins has grew old for this kind of films.

250 million max I think.

All the signs points to a massive performance... young kids and YA doesn't need to know mary poppins to see a TV spot, find interest and go to the theaters, especially with the obvious critical acclaim, it's the perfect holiday movie