kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

The whole soundtrack's up on Disney's VEVO page

https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyMusicVEVO/videos

I’ve listened to the full soundtrack a few times now. While it’s impossible to live up to the original, which is too iconic, this to me is easily one of Disney’s best original musicals in years. Musically it runs circles around Tangled, Frozen, The Princess and the Frog and Moana.

Some glorious melodies in this one. Can You Imagine That is the closest to a new classic but time will tell. 

It’s a shame A Star is Born will pick up all of the awards for music. Because I haven’t enjoyed a Disney musical this much since the 90s heyday. A+++

Haven’t listened to the songs yet because listening to the music for a musical prior to seeing it is akin to reading a movie’s synopsis before watching it to me.

However, the music in A Star is Born is good but overrated and I hope this can take the music awards instead.

I've only listened to Lost Things, Trip a Little Light, and Can You Imagine That so far. Don't want to totally spoil myself. But man, all three are absolutely stellar. If it weren't for I'll Never Love Again, all of these would be my favorite original songs in a movie this year. All hail Marc Shaiman.

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I've only listened to Lost Things, Trip a Little Light, and Can You Imagine That so far. Don't want to totally spoil myself. But man, all three are absolutely stellar. If it weren't for I'll Never Love Again, all of these would be my favorite original songs in a movie this year. All hail Marc Shaiman.

Lestened to the score.

ANd it's good, very good. Not as good as the original,but still very good.

10 hours ago, Jessie said:

people have heard of Mary Poppins, but I doubt much of this generation have seen it. It's very old

I don't think "this generataion" is quite as close minded and ignorant as you think they are.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't think "this generataion" is quite as close minded and ignorant as you think they are.

Whow, not being into a musical from the sixties is close minded and ignorant now?

How does the saying go? People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Which means it'll get good WOM from audiences. 

It's really pretty terrible. The songs are uniformly bad. The musical numbers are flat, as is the whole movie. There are a couple of emotionally poignant moments, but it's not though to save it.

Mary Poppins is completely passive as a character and feels irrelevant. She doesn't do jack shit. Blunt is decent at best. 

• Like 1

has just earned double nominations for two performances that could not be more different - Best Actress for the upcoming musical and Best Supporting Actress for the horror blockbuster . Well deserved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1