kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ok, then why is the industry going nuts for this with talk of Emily Blunt winning an Oscar? Are they scared to go against Disney?

Winning an Oscar for Mary Poppins?

12 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

A Wrinkle in Time and Nutcracker didn’t happen?

Disney threw those in the gutter before release.

13 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Winning an Oscar for Mary Poppins?

Disney threw those in the gutter before release.

You need to stop these conspiracy theories, be an adult please.

And if that's true they're scared of going against Disney then prove it : show us strong evidence they are.

PS: 75% is fine for MPR even if I legit expected more. Ralph Breaks the Internet is clearly the top movie of the autumn and it's not even close.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Guess I should also mention that I expected reviews to turn out like this? There were a few tweets post-premiere that were pretty iffy on the thing, and Rob Marshall has his detractors. Either way, its reception seems fine. It's largely considered to be pretty decent, and even the mixed or negative reviews bring up that it has a lot of good elements that people would want in a Mary Poppins sequel. It'll make good coin, Blunt will get great new acting opportunities, everyone's happy.

• Like 4

For those that believe that Disney has been paying off critics this last several years.   Either you don't really believe it but are stupid enough to troll this theory.   Or you're actually stupid enough to believe this.   Either way if this is the hill you want die, maybe rethink things a bit.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

For those that believe that Disney has been paying off critics this last several years.   Either you don't really believe it but are stupid enough to troll this theory.   Or you're actually stupid enough to believe this.   Either way if this is the hill you want die, maybe rethink things a bit.

Its just a few morons like Ryan Reynolds and la binoche who believe this shite.

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Yes. All those tickets being bought on Fandango Pulse are being bought by the singing nannies that have taken over the USA.

Not saying it’s going to bomb or anything like that, infact I’m sure it’ll pull in a decent sized audience, particularly in musical mad places like the UK. But I think  the age divide will skew heavily older. People were saying this would be “this years Star Wars” of the Christmas season, and I just don’t see it even sniffing anywhere near that much money.

7 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Not saying it’s going to bomb or anything like that, infact I’m sure it’ll pull in a decent sized audience, particularly in musical mad places like the UK. But I think  the age divide will skew heavily older. (Some) People were saying this would be “this years Star Wars” of the Christmas season, and I just don’t see it even sniffing anywhere near that much money.

FIFU

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shuotong said:

Guess nutcracker is not Disney's anymore

Neither was A Wrinkle In Time.....

I have some issues with some of what the Disney company does, but these conspiracy theories are pure crap.

Someone wrote no one he knows wants to see this. If we are going to the personal anecdote card, MPR is the movie most people in the large office where I work are defiantly planning on seeing.

As far as reviews goes, seems to be a wash between MPR and Aquaman.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DAR said:

I have to note this crap really got started  when the MCU movies got generally better reviews then the DCU movies.

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have to note this crap really got started  when the MCU movies got generally better reviews then the DCU movies.

I think it started with TDKR (BO and some mixed reviews),

Felt sometimes like some felt their asumed superiority (culture, quality) was in danger to get lost.