kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

In my own parallel universe this is still an all male reboot featuring the likes of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa and Michael B. Jordan with Bosley being portrayed by Danai Gurira and Drew Barrymore cameoing as Charlie. Directed by Elizabeth Banks. That would have been so awesome.

I'll go on acting like this reboot does not exist and my parallel universe is happening. :sparta:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

not much star power to sell this, if budget isn't huge it could be profitable

115m dom

150m  os

pre-trailer

Not yet. But if Aladdin surprises, Naomi will become a household name so that may rub off on CA somewhat. Maybe not a draw (that's the franchise itself) but added value?

18 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Not yet. But if Aladdin surprises, Naomi will become a household name so that may rub off on CA somewhat. Maybe not a draw (that's the franchise itself) but added value?

Calm down here, lol, I don’t think Aladdin will make anyone a household name. 

The guy played Beast certainly isn’t a household name. Neither is the girl who played Cinderella, or Alice. 

Maybe some added recognition, kind of. But not a household name. 

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The guy played Beast certainly isn’t a household name. Neither is the girl who played Cinderella, or Alice. 

Lily James did quite well for herself in Baby Driver and Mama Mia 2. Not a draw but added value. she certainly didn't hurt. 

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Lily James did quite well for herself in Baby Driver and Mama Mia 2. Not a draw but added value. she certainly didn't hurt. 

She is a good performer .. Most of the times, It all comes down to that ! I loved her in Mamma Mia ! Naomi is new, didn't like her in power rangers .. Playing Jasmine is a huge task, Her voice is her big asset though !

https://deadline.com/2019/03/kristen-stewart-charlies-angels-release-date-change-1202584681/

The Elizabeth Banks directed reboot of Sony’s Charlie’s Angels will jump from its Nov. 1 release date to Nov. 15.

As Sony looks to boast its franchises, which it has done marvelously with Jumanji and Venom, the new release date for Charlie’s Angels allows this rebooted series to potentially blossom again, away from the 35-year old Terminator tentpole series. Not only that, but there’s confidence that there’s plenty of global appeal in Charlie’s Angels, hence the new release date. The new date gives Charlie’s Angels a jump on Thanksgiving as well. Also, Fox’s Kingsman 3 just departed the slot.

Other upsides to Nov. 15: On the same weekend, Charlie’s Angels star Kristen Stewart had four of her Twilight movies crush it, not to mention it’s also where director Banks’ Hunger Games movies have launched. Furthermore, the school holiday calendar is more favorable toward the end of November.

Charlie’s Angels will face off against Fox’s James Mangold Ford vs. Ferrari (awards season counter-programming), Warner Bros. The Good Liar, Universal’s Last Christmas, and Orion’s untitled horror movie.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, Krissykins said:

Dan Stevens appeared for a mere 5 minutes or so. He didn't have that much exposure.

Lily James has been getting a lot of roles lately. To be honest she didn't need Cinderella to be popular.