kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

43 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well, outside of maybe the opening of the second movie, the previous Charlie's Angels movies weren't really what I would call....epic.

I mean, they were like hella goofy. The second one had them swinging around like Spider-man at one point.

no I meant that the scale isn't even epic and KStew is already a non-entity. she really doesn't have charisma for this kind of thing. 

Jeez I absolutely hate videos like this. If you don't like the trailer, you don't like the trailer. But bashing it because it stars women and "doesn't contain enough sex appeal" is the most misogynistic thing I've ever heard. 

Cause I mean come on, how DARE a woman star in a movie if she isn't going to show off as much skin as possible. It's outrageous! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Both videos like this and the other end of the spectrum, such as KStew acting like CA remake #1000 is the most progressive thing ever cause "they don't need boyfriends" (were CA ever about having a boyfriend? sounds like she's mixing them up with Twilight) are tiresome and don't warm one up for either of opposing points they try to make. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Jeez I absolutely hate videos like this. If you don't like the trailer, you don't like the trailer. But bashing it because it stars women and "doesn't contain enough sex appeal" is the most misogynistic thing I've ever heard. 

Cause I mean come on, how DARE a woman star in a movie if she isn't going to show off as much skin as possible. It's outrageous! :rolleyes: 

I too really despise videos like these. I swear alt-righters just at look a movie, see if it stars a "bunch of women" (almost like the original property is supposed to be female-led or something?), and declare it the worst thing ever. They really shouldn't be given attention IMO, it's what they want. Just utter despicable trash. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s always been the goto for female characters in films for years for some reason tbh 

It does look good.

I actually didn’t notice it in this trailer lol. Seen K-Stew kick off a guy but missed the hurricanrana 

Women have stronger lower v upper body strength - it's a very practical move for a takedown and as said it looks good (and fun).

Edited by TalismanRing

41 minutes ago, DAJK said:

MRA morons gonna be MRA morons. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

it's a very practical move for a takedown

I would bet it was never used in female MMA once and that it is not even a real move (more of a demonstration that require the other person to play along), let alone a practical one if some more realistic variant do exist.

It is done for the same reason they do it in art martial demonstration, impressive to look at (that what matter for a movie)

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

meh, i wouldn't even post stuff like that you're just signal boosting it. it's gonna exist for any tentpole with ladies in the lead or directing unfortunately.

• Like 10

Just now, grim22 said:

The trailer was fine I guess. Bad music choice and Stewart surprisingly doesn't have the screen presence required to anchor the movie. The final shot of the trailer is probably the final shot of the movie as well.

Both Naomi Scott and this new girl look like they have more charisma than her yeah.

This also looks like Elizabeth Banks and whoever wrote that new Men In Black went to the same screenwriting seminar because they look pretty similar.

• Like 1