kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

I watch all the Saturday Night Live videos I can, and I have to say, Kristen Stewart's episode had a lot of good moments in it. The exposure from Saturday Night Live may not help this film's chances, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Thanks 1

Less then two weeks to go, and little buzz. I suspect Sony knows it has something of a turkey on it's hands. But they did have the sense to keep the budget down to 48 Million, it won't lose them a lot and stands a decent chance of breaking even . It pretty much a  minor release, not much lost if it flops.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

48M budget saves it even with such a low WW.  It won't be the biggest bomb of the year or a bomb at all and won't put the studio in red unlike DF and DP. 

Definitely not but it will be hilarious to see just how horrible it's OW is. Truly awful. 

30 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Considerably less than both. Sub 200 WW. In fact sub 150 WW.

Still might not be a flop with those numbers. No where near as bad as those two mega bombs. 

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

48M budget saves it even with such a low WW.  It won't be the biggest bomb of the year or a bomb at all and won't put the studio in red unlike DF and DP. 

Yeh, this. 

The $48M budget makes it where a box office of $150-200M WW is good enough but I have doubts it even gets to that. Unless something changes I’m thinking $20-25M OW for now. I hope I’m wrong though. 

Edit: Just saw that it was tracking for $15M 2 weeks ago (In a Forbes article) and umm based on sales around here I believe it. My $20-25M is looking at the very optimistic sides of predictions. 

Edited by Nova

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This. I suspect it'll just be a non-event. It'll come and go, that's it.