kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

10 hours ago, DAJK said:

Was back at the old theatre I used to work at over the weekend and I was catching up with some of the staff. When I was talking to one of the guys I used to work with, I asked about "any shitty or stupid customers lately"? And he told me yea actually just a few days ago...

A guy complained that there was going to be an all-women Charlie's Angels. Said that Hollywood has to stop re-making classic movies replacing the cast with women. And that "they ruined Ghostbusters, now they're going to ruins Charlie's Angels too". 

:lol:

next they will remake little women with women..hollywood, i tell you.

This version of Charlie's Angels is basically just a modernization of the TV series, aiming for what younger audiences may enjoy now (for a specific demographic), unlike the 2000s movies which were half-parodies of the 70s mixed with over the top 2000s shlock action.

In a way it looks more in line with the spirit of the original, but then there's the realization that perhaps the only thing that makes the TV series interesting today IS the retro stuff.

But even if you make Charlie's Angels retro without it being a parody, the younger generation would just find it lame.

Anyway, a lot of younger people apparently don't know the 2000s iteration is not the "original".

Edited by TheUndertaker

The next reboot should be super gritty.

Charlie is using the Angels as killers-for-hire, then he kills Bosley when he figures out that he and the team are being mislead, and of course one of the Angels is in on it with Charlie. 

Also, have Melissa McCarthy, in a dramatic turn, be Charlie - an ex-Angel herself.

R rated, of course.

Edited by reddevil19

6 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It's getting great early reactions here in Brazil. What if it is actually good?

I put little stock in these reactions. But still, if it's good that's fantastic - one more movie to see, when I was planning on completely avoiding it bawd on the trailers. Definitely is a "wait and see what the word on it is" movie for me. 

8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It's getting great early reactions here in Brazil. What if it is actually good?

It probably won't matter. Positive reception from critics and audiences didn't prevent Terminator Dark Fate and Doctor Sleep from having terrible openings at the box office. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

KStew is the best part of the movie. 

That's not a compliment. She's not a bad actress at all but has extremly unlikable presence so I'll take it that you are just a stan. I'm glad Seberg flopped. I never bought that it was going to get her nominated lol.

10 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

At this point I'm stanning to anything that can be a mini breakout, I'm so fucking tired of seeing (small/mid) movies flopping every single week now. 

Joker (2019)

Budget $55,000,000

WORLDWIDE
$986,512,810