kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

this gonna break-out i think. 30-35 ow 110-120 dom

^ i change my mind about the break-out. there's so much over-tracking felt something's gotta give.

last tomb raider movie is a good comp.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

If this movie is good or great then Sony dropped the ball big time. This movie has had no hype. If they’d release reactions or reviews a bit earlier and use the positivity to drive up hype, it would have been better than just letting this movie pretty much die. 

• Like 2

Don't forget we're talking about Sony here, the same studio that thought that The Shallows would get trashed by critics, and that's the reason why they only allowed reviews to be published on the opening day.

Actually, it's a valid comparission here, both movies had no buzz till the OD when reviews brought a lot of walkup business, let's see if CA can save soma face too. At least TS had a good trailer. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If the chatter that this is actually great holds true (hopefully), then the decisions made in getting — or rather, failing to get — that across to the public in time, are inexcusable.

Not really. We don't know if interest is low because people simply don't care about CA regardless of quality or it's due to shitty previews. But most likely the former. Like DF and Doctor Sleep. It's something done to death that doesn't have as big nostalgia value as studio imagined. 

Edited by Valonqar

"Best CA since 70s" "best female ensemble movie since Bridesmaids" "best feminist movie since Fury Road" "Ambitious" "dark" "spectacular but also intimate" "lots of heart" "best fun you'll have since Endgame" "best movie I've seen this year" "_____ is sensational" "_______is MVP" "_________is a real star" "Elzabeth Banks should be in conversation for Best Director" "See this movie" "yas queen slay" 

Did I forget something?