kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

So far .... not good or bad enough to wait 2 days before previews - can't see the reviews moving the needle much either way

TOMATOMETER 62%

Average Rating: 5.76/10

Total Count: 21

Fresh: 13

Rotten: 8

It could help with walk-ups if WOM is positive. We will know on friday if it pulls in a midway.

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Based on what? Sales have been disastrous. The 7:00 show for Friday doesn't even have 10 seats sold and tickets have been on sale for like two months.

yeah that was a temporary hunch...shouldn't have posted.

think tomb raider is a good comp. maybe lesser ow but better legs

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1179420161/?ref_=bo_gr_rls

considering both smith and scott got kudos in aladdin would be fun to see how it does compared to gemini man. if ca does 48-50m like gm then it will have matched it's prod budget unlike the latter.

Edited by a2k
  • Thanks 1

In a perfect world, Tom Rothman has decided to pull a reverse Ghostbusters 2016 with this.

Director & Writer is Mel Gibson.

Actors are all The Hollywood Chrises.

Movie s called

Angela s Dudebros.

Angela is played by Margot Robbie.

Subtext of the movie is how the bros deserve a blowjob from their wife ( ask Google if you don't understand the reference here) after a dangerous undercover mission in the espionnage world.

Movie breaks Rotten Tomatoes with the first negative score.

I just bought 10kg of pop corn.

I am about to sit down and read all the reviews and think pieces.

This world seems so far away ... yet so close ?

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It could help with walk-ups if WOM is positive. We will know on friday if it pulls in a midway.

I haven't seen the demo breakdown on Midway but my guess is it skewed older - hence the multiplier.   CA won't have that advantage

The Wrap seems to be trying to help - b/c as of 15 minutes ago they said ...

https://www.thewrap.com/can-ford-v-ferrari-give-fox-a-much-needed-box-office-win/

Written, directed by, and starring Banks, “Charlie’s Angels” follows a modern Townsend Agency that has gone global with multiple teams of Angels and Bosleys. One such team (Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska) is called into action when they are alerted to the existence of a dangerous new piece of technology that could threaten the world. Noah Centineo, Djimon Hounsou and Patrick Stewart also star in the film, which has a 91% Rotten Tomatoes score.

:thinking:

• Haha 2

There are major difference between Terminator, Doctor Sleep and Charlie's Angels.

Mane moviefans really want Terminator to flop (it did), but many moviefans also want Doctor Sleep and Charlie's Angels to do well.

It wouldn't save Charlie's Angels, though.  (Charlie's Angels is already doing terribly bad in China pre-sales.) 

Edited by John2015

27 minutes ago, John2015 said:

On the other hand, Doctor Sleep is a certified crowd-pleaser.  But the film still flops at box office.

I haven't watched Doctor Sleep yet but I wouldn't classify any of the director's previous films as crowd pleasers so that description shocks me.