chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

2 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

I've taken the wording literally.....

As we finally have a big film (or two) coming our way, I wanted to honour the occasion with a return to a SOTM for a similar blockbuster vs animation battle last Winter Game:

Below are listed a selection of questions pitting Peanuts against Spectre. You simply have to pick which film wins (Highest or fastest) in each scenario.

I'm pretty sure -14% is higher than -45% last i checked. which makes "Spectre" the correct answer for Q4.  Chasmmi can disagree if this is not the correct interpretation of the question of course :P

Well that would have indeed been correct if he had asked for the highest '% change' but he asked for the highest '% drop'. Its just like how a body whose speed is reducing per second is having a negative acceleration but a positive de-acceleration. 

24 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Also something seems off with the scoring. How are people with 4 correct and 2 incorrect getting the same points as 4 correct and 1 incorrect?

Edit: No, sorry. That only seems to be the case with Tele. Everything else is probably correctly scored. 

I might have misinterpreted the question......

100% of questions answered correct adds a bonus of 1000 points per question (so 6 correct is essentially worth 30000 points)

I took this as for every question you get correct you 1000 extra points per question (whether or not you got a question wrong)......  

@Jar Jar Chasmmi - if your meaning you get a 6000 bonus for all correct... why write this as per above ? hence the way i've scored it.... 

thoughts ?

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

Well that would have indeed been correct if he had asked for the highest '% change' but he asked for the highest '% drop'. Its just like how a body whose speed is reducing per second is having a negative acceleration but a positive de-acceleration. 

I disagree... @Jar Jar Chasmmi will need to adjudicate as i didn't write the question.  I read it differently.  FYI - i'm impartial in this question as I had abstained and this answer has no impact on my score ;)

6 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

I might have misinterpreted the question......

100% of questions answered correct adds a bonus of 1000 points per question (so 6 correct is essentially worth 30000 points)

I took this as for every question you get correct you 1000 extra points per question (whether or not you got a question wrong)......  

@Jar Jar Chasmmi - if your meaning you get a 6000 bonus for all correct... why write this as per above ? hence the way i've scored it.... 

thoughts ?

I think that simply means that if all the questions that you answered were correct (100% of questions answered correct) then a 1000 point bonus will be given for all answers. As in if 5 answered and all those 5 correct but nothing (no bonus that is) if 6 are answered and 5 correct (as that would be 83.33.. % questions answered correct).

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Infernus said:

I think that simply means that if all the questions that you answered were correct (100% of questions answered correct) then a 1000 point bonus will be given for all answers. As in if 5 answered and all those 5 correct but nothing (no bonus that is) if 6 are answered and 5 correct (as that would be 83.33.. % questions answered correct).

ah see i read differently (maybe going cross eyed tonight :ph34r: ) ... i've read it as you've answered 100% of the questions, for every correct question you get 1000 points...... otherwise it would have been simpler to write... if you get all 6 correct you get a 6000 point bonus.... ) hence why i think it's the other way... 

SOTM 6 & 7 can't be answered yet though some of the SOTM 7 answers are complete, the whole thing still has a  way to go.... 

i  will post an update once we get an update on some of the scoring questions above.

7 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

I disagree... @Jar Jar Chasmmi will need to adjudicate as i didn't write the question.  I read it differently.  FYI - i'm impartial in this question as I had abstained and this answer has no impact on my score ;)

Of course. I would never doubt you. But I really think he wouldn't have made a question so ambiguous as this where people will have to think of/remember the fact that a negative smaller number is greater than a negative larger one. He always tries to ask simple questions even if the scoring is sometimes a little messy (on the surface). I think he just asked for the higher pure/absolute number. But yeah debating about this is useless. Chasmmi himself will tell.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

couple of minor differences... i'm going with Infernus's scores as a the main changes increases a few players scores.... :P

Yeah actually there were a few (just 3 actually) differences in our scorings. I double checked them and edited my original post with the corrections.

1 hour ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I just realized how much I flopped this season, lmao.  From my 250 million Peanuts prediction to my huge Good Dinosaur prediction, to completely overestimating Spectre, to underestimating Star Wars' opening weekend, to having rather poor weekend grosses...

You think you flopped? Take a look at my pre-season predictions. I have failed at nearly everything that has already been released and it is pretty clear that I will fail at everything still to be released too. I am still not sure who or what possessed me when I was making those predictions :lol: 

7 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

tbh, the 2nd best score in the SOTM got 3 x A+ and one D rating ... lol  and a still great for this SOTM 14k ;)  a lot of -ve's in this one... 

Pray tell, who was this hero that came so close to predictive perfection when all others failed? :D

• Like 1

Ok then, so that pesky SOTM 3 question... I try so hard to be clear and yet still I don't read my own questions clearly enough to succeed.

In this case, the problem was actually because I tried to be clearer. Let me explain:

The original question just read: You simply have to pick which film wins in each scenario.

But then somebody somewhere asked what 'wins' meant and without thinking about question 4, I added the fastest/largest caveat. This is what has caused the problem. Without it, I think most will have assumed that a 14% drop is better than a 40% drop and so 14% wins and that is what the question is supposed to ask. However adding that largest bit in brackets does change the meaning and how it can be interpreted leading to a scenario like now where to be honest Jajang and Infernus are both correct.

Deducting people points because I cannot word a question clearly is more than harsh (it would be downright mean), and thus I am going to have to take the coward route and mark everybody who answered question 4 as correct. (only each separate player knows how they read the question and whether they were correct or incorrect relating to their personal interpretations).

As for the 100% bonus thing. you got a bonus if you did not put a wrong answer. The bonus was 1000 per question attempted. So 1 out of 1 was a 1000 bonus, 2 out of 2 was a 2000 bonus and so on up to 6 out of 6 being a 6000 bonus.

Sorry if this question got overly messy. I am going to go and remark it now to save Jajang the extra time as it's my incompetence that led to the confusions in this matter. :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jar Jar Chasmmi said:

Ok then, so that pesky SOTM 3 question... I try so hard to be clear and yet still I don't read my own questions clearly enough to succeed.

In this case, the problem was actually because I tried to be clearer. Let me explain:

The original question just read: You simply have to pick which film wins in each scenario.

But then somebody somewhere asked what 'wins' meant and without thinking about question 4, I added the fastest/largest caveat. This is what has caused the problem. Without it, I think most will have assumed that a 14% drop is better than a 40% drop and so 14% wins and that is what the question is supposed to ask. However adding that largest bit in brackets does change the meaning and how it can be interpreted leading to a scenario like now where to be honest Jajang and Infernus are both correct.

Deducting people points because I cannot word a question clearly is more than harsh (it would be downright mean), and thus I am going to have to take the coward route and mark everybody who answered question 4 as correct. (only each separate player knows how they read the question and whether they were correct or incorrect relating to their personal interpretations).

As for the 100% bonus thing. you got a bonus if you did not put a wrong answer. The bonus was 1000 per question attempted. So 1 out of 1 was a 1000 bonus, 2 out of 2 was a 2000 bonus and so on up to 6 out of 6 being a 6000 bonus.

Sorry if this question got overly messy. I am going to go and remark it now to save Jajang the extra time as it's my incompetence that led to the confusions in this matter. :)

no problem thumbs up chuck norris approves

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

SOTM 3 Scores

Player

# Answered

# Correct

# Incorrect

Score

Exxdee

Grey Ghost

Thatoneguy

Chasmmi

avi

MikeKaye42

MovieMan89

Telemachos

WrathofHan

darkelf

Filmovie

glassfairy

Kalo

Wrath

DAJK

DamienRoc

bcf26

ABSTAIN

Jajang

ABSTAIN

misafeco

ABSTAIN

Infernus

Blankments

kayumanggi

99 Tree

NO ANSWER

Alfred

NO ANSWER

BastionGiot

NO ANSWER

Baumer

NO ANSWER

laguy03

NO ANSWER

The Panda

NO ANSWER

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

tbh, the 2nd best score in the SOTM got 3 x A+ and one D rating ... lol  and a still great for this SOTM 14k [emoji6]  a lot of -ve's in this one... 

Pray tell, who was this hero that came so close to predictive perfection when all others failed? [emoji3]

This near perfection scorer still failed at the last hurdle to becoming ......

There was was only was 1 who did better (he chose well in which selection to go for being the only player to select weekends )

Fun fact nearly everyone who missed in SOTM1 on gross missed by a large %. Especially on the walk. It killed most of us. Pan was the 2nd worst predicted on this question. Sicario was sort of ok. We did a lot better on the Martian.

As mentioned only the Martians final can materially change the scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk