kayumanggi

BOOSTER GOLD | HBO Max/DC

WARNER BROS. DEVELOPING BOOSTER GOLD/BLUE BEETLE MOVIE WITH GREG BERLANTI HELMING

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclusive-warner-bros-developing-booster-goldblue-beetle-movie-with-greg-berlanti-helming/

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, two DC comics superheros that have long been rumored to appear in either an upcoming film or TV show, are now being groomed for a team-up feature from Warner Bros. Sources exclusive to The Tracking Board can now confirm that Greg Berlanti, the force behind the successful DC comics TV series Arrow and The Flash, will be heavily involved with this one, set to direct and executive produce. Sarah Schechter will also executive produce, while Julia Spiro will oversee for the studio.

In a massively different approach from Warner’s current line-up, the film will team the two heroes together in what’s being pitched as a superhero buddy cop movie. Comedy is the emphasis here, which is a stark contrast to the other titles in DC’s Cinematic Universe, breaking the mold of the uber serious and grounded Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Edited by kayumanggi

Could have said the same thing for half the stuff Marvel Studios is producing and going to produce over the next few years.

... but I don't because I'll see them all regardless.

Exactly. And this does not apply to just cbms. I personally don't like the idea of some movies based on toys but they certainly have a target audience. The best thing to do if you don't like them is not to watch them.

• Like 2

Could have said the same thing for half the stuff Marvel Studios is producing and going to produce over the next few years.

... but I don't because I'll see them all regardless.

It's Booster Gold.

You've gone too far when you seriously consider making a movie about Booster Gold. Unless this thing is is a straight up comedy about the cheesiest superhero ever then it just doesn't have to exist. From what I remember the guy is a Football player from the future that eventually gains the power to alter the Universe.

Produced by the guy behind those cringeworthy CW shows.... Don't DC have better properties? They can't make a Birds of Prey movie?

This would be awesome if it happens. Honestly, I have wanted a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle teamup for quite some time on the small screen. They are the second best buddy superheroes in the DC Universe IMO, only behind the Hal and Barry version of GL and Flash (wasn't a GL-Flash teamup on the leaked list of movies by Nikki Finke? That project may have morphed into this)

Edited by grim22

I loved the Justice League book from the late 80s, but color me skeptical that they can recapture that magic. Besides, the funniest stuff from that era was from Batman and Guy Gardner(Green Lantern). And Zak Penn? He's still getting work? He was the David Goyer of Marvel. Now he's doing DC stuff...OK...