kayumanggi

WHY HIM? | 12.23.16 | Fox | final gross ● 60.32 M

That wasn't funny. Trailer was a copy and paste R-rated raunchfest where "fuck", repeating words, and somebody doing something while high are supposed to be punchlines. 

"Fuck", "you're talking to a 15 year old", "shit, you don't say "fuck?" <----- oh my god I'm dying of laughter, oh I can't breathe, call 911, I'm in stitches, so many tears.

I will say this is the type of role Franco was made for. I don't know, mess around and he could cop that Oscar nom.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:12 PM, Blankments said:

I know I have the last post in this thread but I got the red-band at War Dogs and it was fucking weird to see a red-band on the big screen lol

it's not weird to see a red-band trailer on the big screen. which theater did you go to see War Dogs at????

On 8/25/2016 at 10:19 PM, filmlover said:

This won't do as well as Daddy's Home but I wouldn't surprised by a $100-110M total. It's the kind of warm and relatable comedy that people tend to see over the holidays.

anything can happen. it could still do way better numbers than Daddy's Home

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Mm hm, there's never been an R-rated comedy that hasn't ever made over 100M before.  In fact, Deadpool was such a massive flop!...oh wait.

I'm talking about the time of year. Families with kids and adults over 60 aren't going to go see a hard-R comedy together at Christmas-time. If it had a PG-13, I could see $100 million+ since PG/PG-13 broad comedies historically do well in December. Office Christmas Party and Bad Santa 2 will also take away some of its audience. 

I'm just saying $40-60 million DOM is a more reasonable target since there's yet to be an R-rated comedy doing $100 million+ DOM in December. Rogue One, Passengers, Sing, La La Land, Assassin's Creed, Fences and Moana will have everyone's attention, so Why Him? seems destined to be lost in the shuffle. 

On 8/28/2016 at 1:00 PM, Robot308 said:

it's not weird to see a red-band trailer on the big screen. which theater did you go to see War Dogs at????

It is extremely weird. To this date, Why Him? is the only Red Band trailer I've ever seen at the theater.

Anyway, first predicts:

OW: 22M

DOM: 141M

WW: 191M

On 10/16/2016 at 3:26 AM, Blankments said:

It is extremely weird. To this date, Why Him? is the only Red Band trailer I've ever seen at the theater.

Anyway, first predicts:

OW: 22M

DOM: 141M

WW: 191M

No. It's Not Extremely Weird To See A Red Band Trailer for a R-Rated Comedy attached to an R-Rated dramedy in Theaters..maybe it's weird to you because it was your first time and it won't be your last

On 10/15/2016 at 9:00 AM, mahnamahna said:

I'm talking about the time of year. Families with kids and adults over 60 aren't going to go see a hard-R comedy together at Christmas-time. If it had a PG-13, I could see $100 million+ since PG/PG-13 broad comedies historically do well in December. Office Christmas Party and Bad Santa 2 will also take away some of its audience. 

I'm just saying $40-60 million DOM is a more reasonable target since there's yet to be an R-rated comedy doing $100 million+ DOM in December. Rogue One, Passengers, Sing, La La Land, Assassin's Creed, Fences and Moana will have everyone's attention, so Why Him? seems destined to be lost in the shuffle. 

Your Statements doesn't make any sense