antovolk

Sicario: Day of the Soldado | Stefano Sollima | Final Trailer Page 9 | June 29

21 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Test screening reports said it was really good, with some even saying it was better than the first (which I doubt but still encouraging). 

They need to market this better though. It's definitely a ripe time for some adult counter-programming. 

I don’t believe they outdid a Supreme Leader Villeneuve masterpiece

22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Just casually went on its RT page to see a fresh review on there, are some other critics just lazy or did just one guy see this already?

It's a Spanish review. Just premiered in Mexico yesterday. Possibly there's just no embargo but Americans just haven't seen it yet.

• Like 1

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Durden said:

WTF? They better push up the embargo, especially if the reaction is this strong, because I'm tired of seeing idiots on twitter saying that they think this movie looks trash and betrays everything about the first movie. So annoying to read these ignorant opinions haha... Glad the reaction is this great!

6 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

WTF? They better push up the embargo, especially if the reaction is this strong, because I'm tired of seeing idiots on twitter saying that they think this movie looks trash and betrays everything about the first movie. So annoying to read these ignorant opinions haha... Glad the reaction is this great!

Why would we expect smart decision making from Sony. Test screening reports already said it was good months ago.

Sony dropped the twitter embargo it seems. 

Saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado last night. It's FANTASTIC. It's doesn't have the visual splendor of Villeneuve's first film, but Taylor Sheridan's screenplay is SUPERB. Film has unexpected heartbreaking moments and strong performances from Del Toro and Brolin.

Taylor Sheridan’s sequel Sicario: Day of the Soldado deepens the characters played by Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro in unexpected ways. Director Stefano Sollimo delivers. June 29.

It's gooooood. Or at the very least, straight up my alley. Sollima gave me the sequel I thought I didn't want. Wonderful storytelling economy. Wicked sense of tension throughout. Wolski goes to TOWN. Brolin/Del Toro step it up. Sheridan is a beast on the page, man. Love. It.

• Like 2