antovolk

Sicario: Day of the Soldado | Stefano Sollima | Final Trailer Page 9 | June 29

SOny might have a good movie in this, but they seem to have made a huge mistake in not pushing it earlier. They needed to do that to overcome the "No Emily Blunt..Not Interested" attiude a lot of people will have.

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

"No Emily Blunt..Not Interested".

The funny thing is I had the exact opposite reaction. I thought she was the worst part of the original (I mean her character, Blunt's perfomance was solid) and Brolin was the best part, Del Toro was almost as good, but they ruined his character in the third act for me. I think this sequel will be better than the original because it's focused on the best characters of the previous movie and looks like this time the plot happens on screen (the events of the original were basically happening off screen, which didn't work for me), which is a huge plus.

Edited by Firepower

I'm okay with Deakins not being back tbh. The first one at times looked a bit too much like No Country for Old Men.. it's nice to get a slightly different look for this one. Blunt was my favorite part of the first but it makes sense why she's not back. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

SOny might have a good movie in this, but they seem to have made a huge mistake in not pushing it earlier. They needed to do that to overcome the "No Emily Blunt..Not Interested" attiude a lot of people will have.

Is it wrong that im even more excited for this because Blunt isnt in it? Her character in the first one wasnt bad, but also really bland. The supporting characters were all way more interesting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Is it wrong that im even more excited for this because Blunt isnt in it? Her character in the first one wasnt bad, but also really bland. The supporting characters were all way more interesting.

That first movie wouldn't have worked without her though cause we're all supposed to be as befuddled as she is about this whole situation. She did a great job with that which isn't easy for an actress in film where other actors have more showy roles. Del Toro's character on paper is obviously way more interesting though. Brolin was just coasting on charisma tbh cause his character was not really developed beyond being cocky and secretive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

That first movie wouldn't have worked without her though cause we're all supposed to be as befuddled as she is about this whole situation. She did a great job with that which isn't easy for an actress in film where other actors have more showy roles. Del Toro's character on paper is obviously way more interesting though. Brolin was just coasting on charisma tbh cause his character was not really developed beyond being cocky and secretive. 

Blunts character definetly worked well and i liked her performance. Its just that the character isnt really needed for the sequel so im kinda glad shes not in it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Taking Blunt's point of view was what made the original interesting. The trailer for this is selling a much more standard movie although I'm hoping Sheridan threw some curveballs in there.

A lot of the movie relies on the relationship between Benicio and Moner. Doesn't feel that standard IMO

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I mean Logan was just last year.

Yeah, but that dynamic was a bit different (from what I can tell based on Soldado's trailers). The girl in this seems to be what Bay wanted in The Last Knight but failed spectacularly at :lol: 

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

I'm okay with Deakins not being back tbh. The first one at times looked a bit too much like No Country for Old Men.. it's nice to get a slightly different look for this one. Blunt was my favorite part of the first but it makes sense why she's not back. 

I'd care if they got a shitty DP, but Wolski is definitely no slouch.

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, but that dynamic was a bit different (from what I can tell based on Soldado's trailers). The girl in this seems to be what Bay wanted in The Last Knight but failed spectacularly at :lol: 

Moner's character in The Last Knight only appeared in the first act, really, thanks to them sticking a bunch of different scripts together and producing something completely nonsensical.