antovolk

Sicario: Day of the Soldado | Stefano Sollima | Final Trailer Page 9 | June 29

It lacks the horror element that permeated the original, but I still found it to be a very well crafted action thriller. There's seldom a moment where the film slows down. The finale ratchets up the suspense to another level, and I was certainly gripped by it. Furthermore, the grenade toss sequence near the end is one of the more hilariously macabre sequences I've seen all year. The final 20 minutes is what I would call a very, VERY bad day.

I think the lukewarm reaction is due to the fact as to how different it feels compared to the original. This is slightly more derivative and straightforward with its narrative. However, everyone (including the fresh director) brought their best.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

Pretty good movie if you liked the first. Not quite as good or gripping as the first, and the ending was weird (should've been cut/changed entirely), but still a good movie about the cartels, human/drug trafficking, and our response to it. If you don't catch it in theaters, catch it afterwards.

Edited by Pure Spirit