antovolk

Sicario: Day of the Soldado | Stefano Sollima | Final Trailer Page 9 | June 29

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Hell, just call it Soldado; I'm sure most people would get that it's a Sicario sequel with proper marketing 

Honestly, most of the GA is unaware that Sicario is even a thing.  I think it’s pointless to work to hard on advertising this as a sequel.

• Like 1

Geez, just call it Soldado. It's not like Sicario is a big blockbuster franchise name. Those who will care that it's a sequel will be able to figure out it's a sequel and those that don't can be intrigued by BDT blowing up shit.

• Like 2

It's more important for a small movie like this to make it clear it's a sequel than for a big franchise. I mean if Marvel called all their films Annoying Man In A Tin Can Pretends To Be Cool it would make the same money as calling their movies Avengers or whatever. Whereas if you gave that title to Sicario 2 it would have an impact.

Edited by Treetanic

If people discovered this on HV, then it is pragmatic that they let everyone know this is part of the Sicario universe.  I mean, can you imagine if they didn't put Sicario in the title,all of you moaning and wailing about the title now would be bitching about it not having Sicario in the title.

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Thank God there's a new trailer. I think I've gotten the first one about 4 or 5 times within the past four months, and I'm just about sick of it.

I adore the first trailer. The way the music and sound effects match up gets me hyped for this movie every time I see it.

1 hour ago, kitik said:

I adore the first trailer. The way the music and sound effects match up gets me hyped for this movie every time I see it.

I agree. It looks awesome and it's fun to watch, but having it play in front of every movie you see gets old real fast.

Aside from that title, it looks great. Hopefully it's as intense and brutal as the first.

7 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Kind of awesome and rad that Johansson's tonal BWAHM descender is an instant identifier. 

Makes me miss him even more. Shame he couldn't work on the sequel. His work for the first film was so effective. 

• Like 2