4. Purge - 20/35

5. Sicario - 7.5

6. Uncle Drew - 7.5

7. The Hustle - 7.5

8. Solo - 4.0

9. Oceans Eight - 2.5

10. Tag - 2.5

Edited by Thematrixfilm

So fucking excited for this! I think reviews will be coming out by the beginning of next month. Scott Wampler on twitter said he got an invite to see the movie a month before release and then Justin Kroll said something like "it's a good sign when a movie sends invites out for a movie a month in advance. What could it be???" so I think it's a solid chance it's Sicario 2. Even if Kroll isn't talking about Sicario, Wampler still said he got an invite a month early so we should get word about the movie within a week or two

• Like 1

15 hours ago, baumer said:

Every trailer they put out makes me want to see it even more.  Really hope this is as good as it looks.

Test screening reports said it was really good, with some even saying it was better than the first (which I doubt but still encouraging). 

They need to market this better though. It's definitely a ripe time for some adult counter-programming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Test screening reports said it was really good, with some even saying it was better than the first (which I doubt but still encouraging). 

They need to market this better though. It's definitely a ripe time for some adult counter-programming. 

Yeah it's weird that Lionsgate's marketing for Sicario 1 is better than Sony's marketing for Sicario 2. I mean Sony does a lot of terrible marketing for some movies, but I feel like they're doing an especially terrible job with Sicario Day of the Soldado. I've liked the trailers but the posters could be cooler and which idiot's choice was it to have the tagline be "No Rules This Time". The first one's was "The Border Is Just Another Line To Cross". This should have been "Luck Doesn't Live On This Side Of The Border" or something. And the general marketing on social media and TV hasn't stood out. Hopefully we get reviews soon and maybe those can be really solid which will give this a boost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

Yeah it's weird that Lionsgate's marketing for Sicario 1 is better than Sony's marketing for Sicario 2. I mean Sony does a lot of terrible marketing for some movies, but I feel like they're doing an especially terrible job with Sicario Day of the Soldado. I've liked the trailers but the posters could be cooler and which idiot's choice was it to have the tagline be "No Rules This Time". The first one's was "The Border Is Just Another Line To Cross". This should have been "Luck Doesn't Live On This Side Of The Border" or something. And the general marketing on social media and TV hasn't stood out. Hopefully we get reviews soon and maybe those can be really solid which will give this a boost.

Well it's adult skewing which doesn't really need a huge long marketing campaign but they probably should kick it into gear soon. Remember the first one debuted at Cannes to huge reactions so it had months of critical buzz building before it finally opened and it catered more to an arthouse crowd. From test screenings, people said this one is more action-based. Was a little weird they didn't take it to Cannes as non-comp since the people involved all have a long history with Cannes.

• Like 1