Plain Old Tele

THE BIG SHORT | Paramount | December 23, 2015 | Adam McKay directing | Pitt, Bale, Gosling, Carelll

Seriously, all the dialogs sounded like an 17 yo making an essay on AI & Sigmund & what makes us human & asian servants...

When you spell out your themes out loud in your dialogs, sounds like amateur writing or Nolan syndrome perhaps.

The exchanges between General Nux & Apocalypse/Poe were literally info dump about the questions the movie is asking and after that practice with la Vikander looking all cute.

Dat dancing scene though, only moment the movie felt lived in, Oscar got sick moves.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Seriously, all the dialogs sounded like an 17 yo making an essay on AI & Sigmund & what makes us human & asian servants...

When you spell out your themes out loud in your dialogs, sounds like amateur writing or Nolan syndrome perhaps.

The exchanges between General Nux & Apocalypse/Poe were literally info dump about the questions the movie is asking and after that practice with la Vikander looking all cute.

Dat dancing scene though, only moment the movie felt lived in, Oscar got sick moves.

2 hours ago, Blan Solo said:

Alex Garland even being considered for a nomination makes me gag

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Ex machina was topical movie for dummies.

2 hours ago, Blan Solo said:

Ex Machina has bleh direction imo. the only noteworthy part of that film is Vikander and maybe Isaac

I swear, sometimes I find you guys completely baffling. :lol: Chalk it up to different tastes, I guess.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

I don't think the Big Short is the winner, or at least it won't be come February, but I think it has solid positioning as top 3. So you can't count it out.

I would love the idea of Adam McKay winning Best Director. The speech would be phenomenal if he acknowledged his roots as director of Anchorman/Talladega Nights/Step Brothers.

It would kind of be the director equivalent of McConnaughey. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Ex machina was topical movie for dummies.

I haven't seen it yet, but that's a little close to the 'Inception is a movie dumb people think is smart' line, when in reality it was 'dumb people say 'Inception is a movie dumb people think is smart''.

The film was brilliant. 

However, I did notice one slip up in the background. There was an ad on a bus shelter for the TV show "Stitchers" which only premiered in 2015. 

Edit:I searched for this thread and then posted.  Then I read the last page and momentarily thought it was the Ex Machina thread.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1