Plain Old Tele

THE BIG SHORT | Paramount | December 23, 2015 | Adam McKay directing | Pitt, Bale, Gosling, Carelll

First of all, that's a major subject of the book, so yes, I assume that it does. Also, deregulation of the banks and risky speculation was actively encouraged by Bush and the fairly conservative for a Dem Bill Clinton- not exactly a refutation of "left wing" politics. 

• Like 1

On 13 novembre 2015 22:41:01, Cmasterclay said:

First of all, that's a major subject of the book, so yes, I assume that it does. Also, deregulation of the banks and risky speculation was actively encouraged by Bush and the fairly conservative for a Dem Bill Clinton- not exactly a refutation of "left wing" politics. 

Clinton did most of the deregulation work, he killed the anti trusts acts of the great depression.

Its  because of him banks became such giants.

Bankers, like serial killers have no souls.

Edited by The Futurist

Michael Lewis writes about his surprise that THE BIG SHORT actually became a movie (and his general surprise that any of his books became movies), and because he's Michael Lewis, it's an entertaining read.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/the-big-short-movie-michael-lewis

Talking about MONEYBALL:

The following year, as I was handing the manuscript of The Big Short to my publisher, Billy Beane called and said, “You bastard, Brad Pitt is on his way to my house. The babysitter showed up wearing a dress, and my wife is putting on makeup.”

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎38‎:‎44‎, dudalb said:

I assume that the US Government encouraging risky loans was a major cause of the 2008 crash, will be ignored in this film.

That would interfere with the Left Wing viewpoint it's pretty clear the filmmakers have.

Only in the US can liberals be considered left wing.  All around the world, liberals are considered center right.  Also there is a big difference between encouraging and deregulating. 

I planned on going to see this tomorrow but that might not be happening. I don't know why but I remember seeing this movie would be playing at my local Regal but now looking up the listening its not even playing anywhere within 40 miles of me. It irritates me to no end that my area can get a religious film that is low quality that I never even heard of but god forbid we get an Oscar contender or indie films. Now granted our theaters do get one or two of the Oscar films but that's after the nomination. 

2 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

I planned on going to see this tomorrow but that might not be happening. I don't know why but I remember seeing this movie would be playing at my local Regal but now looking up the listening its not even playing anywhere within 40 miles of me. It irritates me to no end that my area can get a religious film that is low quality that I never even heard of but god forbid we get an Oscar contender or indie films. Now granted our theaters do get one or two of the Oscar films but that's after the nomination. 

Same thing happened at my theater.