kayumanggi

THE BOOK OF HENRY | 06.16.17 | Focus | Reactions on Page 3. They're not pretty.

Saw the trailer for the 1st time. Talk about a dramatic tonal shift, if there ever was one. 1st, it was a very family friendly Good Will Hunting. Then, all of a sudden, it became this dark drama where Naomi Watts goes all Bourne Supremacy.

But I genuinely the trailer made it look cool and interesting. A lot of you going all "this sucks" baffled me BIG TIME (well, not really, I do think that the tonal shift was way too exaggerated, but whatever, didn't affect me).

And then I heard about the whole twist, that...

Spoiler

Henry is dead

and I was like "...seriously?". I don't think this'll work all that well as a family movie. It'll suffer from the same problem as A Monster Calls - adults think it looks too childish, children think its themes are too dark. Thus, it won't connect very well w/any audiences.

But I could be, and I hope I am, wrong. The Accountant also had pretty drastic tonal shifts but that movie was damn fun.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And then I heard about the whole twist, that...

Reveal hidden contents

and I was like "...seriously?". 

Lmao I predicted this twist from the trailer 

• Like 2

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/the-book-of-henry-review-naomi-watts-1202465743/

There’s the kind of bad movie that just sits there, unfolding with grimly predictable monotony. Then there’s the kind where the badness expands and metastasizes, taking on a jaw-dropping life of its own, pushing through to ever-higher levels of garishness. “The Book of Henry,” directed by Colin Trevorrow from Gregg Hurwitz’s script, is of the latter, you’ve-got-to-see-it-to-disbelieve-it variety.

• Like 6