kayumanggi

THE BOOK OF HENRY | 06.16.17 | Focus | Reactions on Page 3. They're not pretty.

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if it is as bad as it is being said it will show up on the top ten worst of lists and could get what is known as "Bile Fascination"

Maybe, but I doubt it means much for his status on Episode 9. He's working with a lot of other people who are already established with working on the movies so far. Plus I'm sure everyone involved with this (Watts, Tremblay, Dean Norris, etc.) is gonna go about pretending it doesn't even exist.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This is dead meat at the box office but it looks poised for cult status

Indeed. I just read some of the spoilers and this thing sounds fucking hilarious. Not gonna see it in theaters but you better believe I'll check it out when it comes on HBO or whatever.

• Like 1

I feel like this is going to by Words of this year. Like remember in 2012 when The Words came out and critics tore it to shreds? I personally enjoyed the film and thought it was pretty decent. I saw this last night and thought it was really good. 

The movie isn't bad. Amongst So many f**king films that are sequels and reboots, this is a breath of fresh air. You are introduced to this light-hearted world but as the film goes on it naturally gets darker. Somewhere halfway through, the film takes a critical left turn to show us something a bit more dark and a bit more tragic. When it takes the turn, it becomes an entirely separate film than it was marketed to be. It genuinely takes you by surprise. Shoot, even the film’s humor becomes dark halfway through as well. The film becomes 13 Reasons Why meets How to Get Away With Murder.

Here's My Review: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-book-of-henry-review

Don't rely on all of the b.s RT has to say. 47 Meters Down currently has a fresh rating and thats one of the worst pieces of sh*t I've seen this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Trevorrow is getting fired from Star Wars 9 later this year.

I don't know if he should've been hired in the 1st place. I give him props for making sure that Jurassic World was thoroughly entertaining (and the dino fight at the end was ridiculously awesome), and had not it been for those reasons, I don't think that it would've broken the OW record. But on the other hand, it was also really not good. It was Syfy original levels of dumb. And now this Book Of Henry thing? Yikes.

At least there was a fantastic movie within Godzilla that was hidden behind some absolutely godsmacking decisions that could've been fixed if Gareth Edwards was working w/a co-director who could put the reigns on him, or a better set of screenwriters, but the movie still screamed the epicness and wonder that Star Wars is worthy of in parts. Plus, Edwards was only given an anthology film.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Isn't the Star Wars movie he's making the one that Josh Trank was gonna make before getting fired? Or was that the Han Solo movie?

Josh Trank got fired from Han Solo.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn't the Star Wars movie he's making the one that Josh Trank was gonna make before getting fired? Or was that the Han Solo movie?

Nope, Trank was tapped for an anthology (I guess the one that's coming after Episode IX). Trevorrow is gonna be doing Ep. IX.