kayumanggi

THE BOOK OF HENRY | 06.16.17 | Focus | Reactions on Page 3. They're not pretty.

The overreactions to this movies RT score are going to hilariously awesome! 

Also, I'm listening to an interview he did with Mark Ellis from Schmoes Know and he just said that people are either going to be totally on board with it or not at all lol. He admits that it's a completely weird movie. He also said that it's a limited release movie and that it's probably not going to get a large audience in theaters. Basically, neither he nor the studio were expecting it to be some kind of box office hit. You guys should find the interview and watch or listen to it. He's talking about Ep9 as well. 

Disney/Lucasfilm don't need to "come to their senses" about CT. Ep9 will be just fine 

• Like 2

Omg, I couldn't resist not reading spoilers about how bad can it possibly be. So I did.

I laughed my fucking ass off. This sounds like the most ridiculous movie I've ever heard. If this were some kind of Oscar-bait parody, I think it would probably stir some controversy, but it would still get a lot of people on board. But you're honestly trying to make a serious drama out of this? Hell fucking no. Seriously, who the hell told Trevorrow and Gregg whatshisname that this was actually a good pitch at any point? :rofl:

It's basically The Accountant if The Accountant was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Omg, I couldn't resist not reading spoilers about how bad can it possibly be. So I did.

I laughed my fucking ass off. This sounds like the most ridiculous movie I've ever heard. If this were some kind of Oscar-bait parody, I think it would probably stir some controversy, but it would still get a lot of people on board. But you're honestly trying to make a serious drama out of this? Hell fucking no. Seriously, who the hell told Trevorrow and Gregg whatshisname that this was actually a good pitch at any point? :rofl:

It's basically The Accountant if The Accountant was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

you don't say NO to a person who's last movie broke boxoffice records ...even if what he is pitching to you is stained with buffalo dung

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

you don't say NO to a person who's last movie broke boxoffice records ...even if what he is pitching to you is stained with buffalo dung

That explains the Star Wars prequels, am I right?

You don't say NO to a person who makes good pitches. Trevorrow directing a movie for you is fine, as long as the project he's attached to isn't total shit. I can only imagine the people at Focus listening to him and the screenwriter being like: "We're gonna be doing this movie about

Spoiler

a genius 12 year old kid who does his mom's chores for her as she plays Battlefield and her waitress creeps on both him and Jacob Tremblay, then dies of a brain tumor and she finds that he actually wanted her to become a fucking sniper and kill the evil rapist stepdad of the girl he had a crush on, which she does. It's gonna be INCREDIBLE!".

Getting BO records doesn't mean that everything you pitch is great, and it really shows that Trevorrow didn't get this project on board (I think this thing was on the works for a decade now) until Jurassic World came out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel bad for Naomi Watts. Birdman aside, she's been on a mostly miserable streak after her nomination for The Impossible (Diana, good god). Hopefully her upcoming Netflix show is good.

She's being great on Twin Peaks right now but yeah in terms of movies she's having the worst luck. It's even worse because she's always committed too, you can tell she wants to sell this shit even though no one on Earth could.

• Like 2

Hey, at least the future Leo aka Jacob "The Awesomest Dude In The Planet" Tremblay is probably going to take the less backlash from this (not that Naomi Watts, Dean Norris, Jaeden Lieberher, Maddie Ziegler, Sarah Silverman and whoever else is in this... admitedly excellent cast will be getting shat on; it's just that they all had to cope w/a garbage screenplay, and Jacob was apparently only there be a shadow on the set and say some lines without having to be involved in stupid nonsense... apart from one or two things from what I've read, which weren't his character's doing anyway).

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Man, I hated JW more than almost all of you and even I think the schadenfreude's getting ridiculous about this.

Less schadenfreude, more if i don't laugh i'll cry. Imagining Rey, or Leia's sendoff, in his hands is not a happy thought.

I didn't hate Jurassic World. It's an okay/mediocre but entertaining movie. The problem is I thought Safety Not Guaranteed was mediocre as well and judging by those spoilers I'll probably hate Book of Henry. The director has yet to impress me in any way. I don't particularly care for Jeff Nichlos based on Take Shelter (I hated it) and Midnight Special (merely okay with some really good moments) but at least I find Jeff Nichols interesting. Colin trevorrow is the oatmeal of directors so far. Bland, nothing remotely interesting about him so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

I had no idea that there existed some sort of anti-Trevorrow Jurassic World backlash.

honestly i think it's less a jurassic world backlash more of an Episode IX frontlash. most people here beyond 4000 year old moderators don't have much of a problem with jurassic world, it's fine, but they still don't want that boy fucking with their star wars.

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly i think it's less a jurassic world backlash more of an Episode IX frontlash. most people here beyond 4000 year old moderators don't have much of a problem with jurassic world, it's fine, but they still don't want that boy fucking with their star wars.

Yea it really snowballed into a meme after he landed the Star Wars gig, before that it was some old man yelling at a cloud type nonsense

That brief moment where Josh Trank and Trevorrow were announced as the newest Star Wars directors, lol