kayumanggi

THE BOOK OF HENRY | 06.16.17 | Focus | Reactions on Page 3. They're not pretty.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there really isn't any difference between colin trevorrow and like 50% of the marvel directors. dude just makes people madder because he booked the bigger projects.

I'm gonna let this slide but let it be known that you just hurt my feelings.

Edited by aabattery

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there really isn't any difference between colin trevorrow and like 50% of the marvel directors. dude just makes people madder because he booked the bigger projects.

I could care less about him booking SW9 any more than if it was Peyton Reed or Alan Taylor. In fact, he fits perfectly. Mediocre and dull like JW.

Edited by dashrendar44

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Jurassic World was supposed to be an edgy, political, confrontational film ?

This is breaking news information.

What a strange strawmen (who ever said anything like that ?), the King Kong/Jurassic Park tend to have some "political" angle or commentary with the dino being an allegory for something, so did Jurassic World, but not that particularly heavy.

Who ever said anything about that ? Jurassic Park is one of the best movie of the 90s imo, is it because it is edgy, political, confrontational ? Was the Lord of the rings trilogy particularly any of those ?

• Like 2

if i wanted to read into the politics of jurassic world, you could i suppose argue that Trevorrow is advocating ideas of racial purity. Jurassic Park = "don't take science too far" jurassic world = "take science pretty far, but don't mix those genes bro"

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

What a strange strawmen (who ever said anything like that ?), the King Kong/Jurassic Park tend to have some "political" angle or commentary with the dino being an allegory for something, so did Jurassic World, but not that particularly heavy.

Who ever said anything about that ? Jurassic Park is one of the best movie of the 90s imo, is it because it is edgy, political, confrontational ? Was the Lord of the rings trilogy particularly any of those ?

Dash edited his post about JW and I reacted to the part he edited.

:sadben:

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

if i wanted to read into the politics of jurassic world, you could i suppose argue that Trevorrow is advocating ideas of racial purity. Jurassic Park = "don't take science too far" jurassic world = "take science pretty far, but don't mix those genes bro"

This explains why there were only Mercedes-Benz vehicles on the island.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dash edited his post about JW and I reacted to the part he edited.

:sadben:

FYI, the word was "inoffensive", then I realized I'd just handed a wisecracking comeback on a silver plate.

"Oh sure JW not that inoffensive, Dash, 'cause it sure offended you! OH OH OH! REKT!"

:sparta:

• Like 1

I think the actors will leave this pretty unscathed. Even some of the bad reviews don't criticize the acting. If Trevorrow can go back to the chaos yet control in SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, I still think he can pull off EPISODE IX.

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

I could care less about him booking SW9 any more than if it was Peyton Reed or Alan Taylor. In fact, he fits perfectly. Mediocre and dull like JW.

I mean with a name like Dash Rendar you sure you just don't prefer the EU?

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

JW was a total statement against GMO crops.

Man, I need someone to spoil this entire thing in detail for me. It sounds terrible, so I don't want to watch it, but I'm madly curious about how bad the plot is.

Wikipedia's still only got a synopsis, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

Man, I need someone to spoil this entire thing in detail for me. It sounds terrible, so I don't want to watch it, but I'm madly curious about how bad the plot is.

Wikipedia's still only got a synopsis, unfortunately.

Henry's character dies of a fucking brain tumor after the first act and after his death, he leaves instructions on how to kill his neighbor's abusive daughter with a sniper rifle.  You can't make this shit up

• Like 7