kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

Nancy Meyers' '@TheInternMovie' pulled in $650,000 from Thursday night preshows. pic.twitter.com/KcTW5B8eWb— Box Office Mojo (@boxofficemojo) September 25, 2015

DHD Friday
http://deadline.com/2015/09/the-intern-hotel-transylvania-2-the-green-inferno-weekend-box-office-1201550112/

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

Solid result. Sound do 2-3M this weekend.

That's still a PTA of less than 2K, which is certainly not good for theaters. Although considering there isn't much of an audience for a movie like this (two bleak hours of nothing but people getting tortured and eaten by cannibals- not exactly something most would want to see even for free, let alone for $12) in the first place, I guess it could be doing worse.

Edited by filmlover

And where is HT2?

Why do they need to calculate weekend numbers first for lower budget movies than other anticipated blockbusters?

HT2 is an animated movie targeted at kids, I doubt the Thursday numbers are any interesting. The movie will make its money on weekends.

That's still a PTA of less than 2K, which is certainly not good for theaters. Although considering there isn't much of an audience for a movie like this (two bleak hours of nothing but people getting tortured and eaten by cannibals- not exactly something most would want to see even for free, let alone for $12) in the first place, I guess it could be doing worse.

To each their own.  There are some really good cannibal movies out there and I'm very excited for this film.  

HT2 is an animated movie targeted at kids, I doubt the Thursday numbers are any interesting. The movie will make its money on weekends.

Hotel Transylvania did not have a release last night.  

Guru:

Opting out of Thursday evening pre-shows,Hotel Transylvania 2 opens Friday morning in over 3,600 locations and might scare up about $38M this weekend.